CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

I have always been a car freak. I have been blessed and, for the past 27 years, I have always had a Corvette, in 92 I started to learn of the efficacy of proper custom tuning of the engine and it's multiple parameters some of which I had never heard of such as 'launch control' and 'torque management'. Long story short, even on a Lingenfelter stroker Vette the custom tuning offered noticeable improvement. Since 92, all of my vehicles have been tuned by Jeremy Formato **Fasterproms** of Tampa, FL. I see him a few times a year when he comes to PA to tune cars.

I had my STS-V tuned yesterday, it was supposed to have been done next week. The engine was tuned as was the transmission. The car seemed to run well and was adequate but, if like the Vette, I knew there was more in it. Honestly, I guess it is the fact that it is blown but there was a LOT more in this car. If just goes now as opposed to 'runs well'- now it is sort of giggly fast - here is this barge and it just goes. I also know the mileage will increase by about 2mpg as did all of my other cars which sure does not hurt. One can also turn off annoying BS codes such as the rear O2 sensors.

The trannie is tuned also and, in drive, the shift is crisp. It isn't 'fluid' at all throttle positions such as it was from the factory. Low acceleration is silken and hard acceleration is a fast, hard shift. In sport mode it is a 'bang shifter'.

This does not come cheap, about $400, but custom tuning to YOUR application and what you are desiring the car to do mandates individualized tuning attention. It took about 90 minutes to tune the car and another to data log it and check that all is OK.

Tunes, like every thing else, are a matter of getting what you paid for. You paid for your Caddy - why not get all that the car has to offer?

Nice. Did you get a before / after dyno also? Do you have an .hpt of your current V calibration you can share? I am always interested to see what worked for individual tunes.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

No dyno as this car is not a race car but just a 'quicker' road car/everyday driver. All of the Vettes were dynoed and we saw between 40 and 60 RWHP. That said, the 60 RWHP gains were with full bolt ons not just intake and cat backs.

No bolt ons with the Caddy but the thing runs like stink and will bark the tires in second and in third on black top. If you live near Gettysburg or York look me up and go for a ride.

I don't want the nth degree tune on the Caddy - I have a 1000+ HP drag car for that stuff. And yes, I have been blessed for sure.

Glad your V is running well. I like the charts and graphs just to try to understand more about the tuning and performance for these cars.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

• 2 weeks later...

I was harassed to make a pull as they had a dyno day on the Dynojet 248 and I made two pulls just for giggles. All info was SAE corrected and the thing made 384 on the first pull and 379 on an immediate second pull. I still think this is not bad for 268" units with less than 10 psi boost. If I make any changes in the future it will involve a pulley for boost and another tune.

I have no bolt ons etc. I am also only aware of he #'s for another STS-V and his are a tad higher then mine are too.

Just took a long trip to TN too and could not get better than 20.6 at about a steady 80 keeping with traffic and some occasional fun too until the wife gave me 'the look' meaning "that's enough playing now".

I hate getting "THE LOOK"... :( :(

I think women are born with that ability... to give "THE LOOK"... whenever they deem that you are not "DOING RIGHT"... at least according to what "THEY" think is right... :) :)

PS:... I get my share of "THE LOOKS"... :D

Posted Image

Archived