CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Window down and won't go up.

PAUL T

Alright everyone another problem popped up yesterday. My rear passenger window on my 97 Deville will not roll up for one but now none of the windows respond to any switches. I have checked the circuit breakers which is all I could find in the way of fuses for the windows. I switched circuit breakers, unhooked ground on the battery and cleaned the connection and bolt. I checked the child safety lock on the door turning it on and off, the same for the rear window lockout switch. I have been having problems with the theft system, my key is wearing out or the switch is going bad, I am leaning toward the key. My wife can not find her key that is never used, long story. Sometimes the switches lightup only when they are pushed. The window seems to be in track and not binding. Codes are as follows:

PO6O3 - FROM BATTERY BEING UNHOOKED

B1552 - FROM BATTERY BEING UNHOOKED

B2710 - PASSKEY PELLET PROBLEM

B1348 - LOW AC COOLANT

C1242 - BPMV PROBLEM

C1243 - BPMV PROBLEM

Nothing seems to point me in the right direction. The only other thing was I had my drivers door hinge replaced about 6 months ago. Any other suggestions, it is supposed to rain later today and I need to get it up. The only thing I can think of is maybe a bad switch or short somewhere.

O.k. guys here was the fix. I tore into the drivers door switches and noticed one male terminal was corroded badly. It was silver in color where all others were copper. I scrapped it good with my knife then scrapped the female side, put it all back together and all windows were working now. Thats one down, time to work on the Passkey next. I bought this car with 89,000 miles for $4000 from an estate that had all the records. It uses 1-1/2 quarts of oil between changes does not leak and now has 165,000 miles. I have a few rust spots starting to show. I look for it to go well over 200,000 miles. It does have a few minor quirks that I still have to work out but it runs great averaging 21-22 MPG. My 94 Concours leaked oil for all of the 110,000 miles I put on it and the headgasket bolts pulled after 164,000. It is now a parts car for the 97. I just want to thank this forum for the many years of help I have received for all my problems and the friends I have made. I wish I could thank the Guru for the greater understanding and respect for the Northstar motor. Thanks to Bruce for providing this invaluable service for Caddy owners like me. Long live Caddyinfo.

Archived