CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Stability System Resistor Value

MrEldo97

Hi all, I'm trying to help Junior out and I thank you all for your help.

His car is a 2003 Seville STS with 121000 miles on it.

Last weekend we replaced the OE electronic shocks with Strutmasters front and rear.

The install was trouble free and he had a four wheel alignment Friday.

The resistor kits from Strutmasters don't work. He's getting the Service Stability System AND

Service Transmission warning lights. The car isn't shifting properly and prior to the install of the Strutmasters

the transmission was perfect. The trans. has been serviced properly every 30,000 - 35,000 miles.

There are two questions I have:

Can anyone provide the Resistor value we should be using?

Does the Service Transmission light normally come on in these situations?

Hope you all can point me in the right direction.

Thank you,

Roger

....His car is a 2003 Seville STS with 121000 miles on it.

Last weekend we replaced the OE electronic shocks with Strutmasters front and rear.

The install was trouble free and he had a four wheel alignment Friday.

The resistor kits from Strutmasters don't work.

I'll wager the 2003 STS suspension RPO code is F55. Correction; I'll guarantee the suspension RPO is F55. Look at the decal on the bottom surface of the spare tire cover for the RPO codes.

What is the DC resistance value of the "resistor kits" that Strutmaster supplied?

I suggest dealing with the suspension issue before getting concerned about the transmission.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Thanks,

He's coming by tomorrow night and I'm going to cut the resistors off and measure the resistance.

I have a Fluke DVOM. Of course I didn't measure the resistance when we installed the shocks/struts...

I'll check the RPO codes as well.

He really takes care of his car, it looks like it just came out of the showroom.

Black on black with tinted windows, real nice.

I have educated myself!

I'm now convinced that he has the F55 suspension option in his car (MY2003).

We cut off and discarded the original plugs.

The Computer Aided Gear Selection (CAGS)...is most likely causing the trans shifting problems(?).

I'm inclined to think that simple resistors won't emulate/turn off or otherwise solve our problems...?

Simulators of some sort?

Turn off the option in the cars computer/s?

Thanks

Roger

I would assume the STS is the same as the DTS for the resistor value, 4.7k ohm 1/2 watt.

As suggested earlier, pull your DTC codes thru the dash. They may give you insight as to why the warning messages came on. It is possible you have another issue unrelated to the shocks.

OldFart

I would assume the STS is the same as the DTS for the resistor value, 4.7k ohm 1/2 watt.

No. The 4.7K value is for the F45 suspension only.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Archived