CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

I have a 95 seville sts with some issues. i tried to install a cold air intake and when i did the engine sounded great, but started to smoke really bad. i put the oem breather box back on and it quit completely. What else do i need to do to be able to use the intake. I was able to install the maf sensor and the one vacuum line that was on the oem box. with the oem box im getting a rough idle. the filter may be a little dirty so ill try to change the filter. any other suggestions. How do i fix the rough idle and how can i use my imtake.

• 4 months later...

In my experiments with the Northstar, more air did not lead to quicker acceleration. Read more: http://drupal.caddyinfo.com/?q=node/149

In dyno tests of a 4L Aurora more air helped as you would expect. http://caddyinfo.com/dyno/4airboxtest.htm

I think this is an area that needs more careful and well documented testing to say.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

• 1 year later...

i just recently installed a CAI and loving it i feel as though throttle is a little more responsive and your rough idle might be the throttle body needing adjustment mine was having rough idle first start up of the day but after a few minutes it went away but i tried messing with throttle body and went away all together

Cold air intakes and high-performance filters are good for improving full-pedal engine power. Practically that means that you are buying a modification that helps you pass (at full-pedal) or race. The key that is typically missing in the mind of the average consumer is that the only time power is increased is when the engine is at Wide Open Throttle (WOT). For those who don't know what that means, WOT is basically when the gas pedal is pressed all the way to the floor.

I practically never run my car WOT. It seems that there are control issues at lower speeds, and safety issues if you run WOT for any length of time.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived