CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

FIRST SIGHTING

scott y

My first XTS sighting was early this afternoon,and I'm not very impressed to say the least. It was white which didn't do anything for it,I wasn't even really paying that much attention to itto be honest. The XTS reminds me of a chevy malibu from the outside, perhaps later today I might go have a closer look at it. I will bring the camera for some closeups. <_<

look1-1-1.jpg

Where did you see it; they are not yet available (for purchase). Maybe it was Malibu (because, to my eye, they aren't even close). :)

Chuck

'19 CT6, '04 Bravada........but still lusting for that '69 Z-28

It certainly wasn't a malibu, I live in Oshawa Ontario they build em here. It could have been Brass cruisin around,I don't know but I'm going down to the HQ to see if there's any around for some pics

look1-1-1.jpg

OK so I went down to the office this aft and got pics of 2 of them They are both sporting Michigan plates,so they are corporate boys driving them 002-4.jpg003-1.jpg004-2.jpg005.jpg006.jpg012-1.jpg that's my Cadillac beside the malibu

look1-1-1.jpg

While others may disagree, I think the new XTS is SWEET; thanks for the pictures (in the real world). I didn't want to doubt you but you had an 'ace up your sleeve' (with the assembly plant at your doorstep) Again, thanks for sharing (pics).

p.s. Still maintain; I don't see any resemblance to a Malibu, but to Malibu's credit, the Malibu is a fine looking vehicle (on its own). I even think the outgoing Malibu looks better than the new '13 Malibu. JMO, of course.

Chuck

'19 CT6, '04 Bravada........but still lusting for that '69 Z-28

Thank you for the pictures.... they are good ones... :)

I will go look at one when my dealer gets some in.

At this point, I am disappointed in the way it looks.

I was hoping for something REALLY DISTINCTIVE looking from the XTS...

It mostly just looks like a another model of the CTS...

Posted Image

005.jpg

with all the chrome accents the XTS will want a contrasting paint color like the black shown here.

On the XTS I am excited about the Cadillac CUE interior, with configurable dash and console displays. Also interested in which engines make production -- like the twin turbo 3.6L in an XTS 2nd year?

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Thanks for the photos, it would look like a Maxima to me but its too aggressive, its grill is massive.

What niche is the XTS competing in? Where does this car fall in size between the STS and the CTS?

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

....What niche is the XTS competing in? Where does this car fall in size between the STS and the CTS?

There is only one niche, Mike; smaller-lighter-more fuel efficient passenger cars. Unless you are a high profile elected official.

Your search for a Northstar powered Cadillac will end with the 2011 STS or Deville variants. So-called "full sized" passenger cars (Interstate cruisers) have all followed the Buick Roadmaster into American automotive history.

The only way car makers can abide by EPA regulations is by producing smaller and lighter (read fragile) passenger cars.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

....What niche is the XTS competing in? Where does this car fall in size between the STS and the CTS?

There is only one niche, Mike; smaller-lighter-more fuel efficient passenger cars. Unless you are a high profile elected official.

Your search for a Northstar powered Cadillac will end with the 2011 STS or Deville variants. So-called "full sized" passenger cars (Interstate cruisers) have all followed the Buick Roadmaster into American automotive history.

The only way car makers can abide by EPA regulations is by producing smaller and lighter (read fragile) passenger cars.

I had originally planned to have a 2011 DTS Platinum by this time, but decided to hold off till the XTS came out to see what it was like.

So far, I am not impressed.

My 2006 DTS still drives well, runs good and everything still works like it is supposed to.

So it looks like I am back to the original plan.... to get a 2011 DTS Platinum...but not until this one starts causing me problems.

I want a highway cruiser ... not a city car...

Posted Image

Isn't that the truth! Those hypocrites should have to ride in the same type of vehicles they are shovign down our throats!

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

So far I've heard whole buncha negative thoughts on this car, here in town , this forum and elsewhere. Maybe once us dumbass Canucks give it a go and work the bugs out(if any),You guys (U.S.) will want it back and then it will be a $ucce$$. That has happened here before and I'm sure it'll happen again! :rolleyes:

look1-1-1.jpg

....Maybe once us dumbass Canucks give it a go and work the bugs out(if any),You guys (U.S.) will want it back and then it will be a $ucce$$. That has happened here before and I'm sure it'll happen again! :rolleyes:

I fail to see the connection between the assembly plant location or employees' skills and the vehicle design. All the comments I have seen and heard so far relate to the design and nothing else. Design shortfall - errors fall to GM North America HQ (Detroit).

Hundreds of Camaros and other successful GM badges assembled in Oshawa are trucked across the river every day. When you add in the vehicles shipped south from Oakville, Brampton, Windsor plus that assembly plant (wherever it is) in Quebec, you are looking at a huge (HUGE) slice of cross-border commerce.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

History can be fun (for historians). That was then, this is now.

Where are all the current variants of Camaro assembled? (Hint: slightly east of Toronto) GM has invested heavily in making the Oshawa facility a state-of-the-art (read flexible) assembly line. Thanks to the forward-looking bean counters and other GM departments.

It makes little difference to me where on this continent Cadillac or GM elects to assemble vehicles; Camaros in Canada or Cadillac SRX in Mexico or Cadillac XTS in Canada is all fine by me.

TOTAL cost of labor & benefits is the dominant variable in this spreadsheet.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

So far I've heard whole buncha negative thoughts on this car, here in town , this forum and elsewhere. Maybe once us dumbass Canucks give it a go and work the bugs out(if any),You guys (U.S.) will want it back and then it will be a $ucce$. That has happened here before and I'm sure it'll happen again! :rolleyes:

I am sorry you feel like I was talking negative about the XTS...

I didn't mean it that way... I just said it don't look like a car I would want...

I am old, my bones are getting stiff and I like my big ol' comfortable DTS too much to want to go to a smaller car...

And for a price in excess of $60,000 ... it just don't seem worth it .... to me...

I am sure a lot of other people will love it... and I do plan on going to look at one in person as soon as my dealer gets some in.

I may change my mind and come back home in one... you never can tell...

Posted Image

Archived