CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

1997 Eldorado cutting out, misses while idling.

sreeder

I have a 1997 eldorado etc and at stoplights and only when idling at stand still does my car cut out or miss. It does not cut out, miss, or have problems while pressing the gas or going down the road. I replaced, plugs, air filter. I am not getting any codes come up, cant find any vacuum lines that are leaking. Someone please give me an idea if this is a sensor or what it could be. Thank you.

I checked the fuel pressure reg and it's not spitting fuel. How do I check the throttle body? I cleaned it and it was really dirty but still runs bad. Also cleaned the iac and no help. Could it be a coil pack? If not what else should I check ? I just cleaned the plate on the throttle body should I clean more? Also how do I tell if the tb or iac are functioning properly?

Clean the ENTIRE TB. That means the throttle plate as well as the bore. The IAC passages are in the bore. If they are carboned closed it will not idle. The IAC valve should set a DTC if it is malfunctioning.

No dtc codes at all . Could it be injectors? I cleaned the entire throttle body and it looks new and cleaned the iac and no codes. Could I have a bad plug or coil pack?

Of coarse you could. Could be the wires as well, but I would not expect any of those to cause a stall at idle. A misfire, yes.

No dtc codes at all . Could it be injectors? I cleaned the entire throttle body and it looks new and cleaned the iac and no codes. Could I have a bad plug or coil pack?

Of coarse you could. Could be the wires as well, but I would not expect any of those to cause a stall at idle. A misfire, yes.

I'm not actually stalling normally just idling really rough.

You state that you changed plugs, and air filter.

Did you change spark plug wires???

Bad wire???

I have not changed wires but am going to. I changed the fuel filter which was needed anyway but that didn't help. Also the car is idling a little high at times but not much. What could cause my car to idle high and cut out? Could my iac be messed up but not set off a code?

Archived