CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

N. Korea Funeral Car

winterset

Venuzuela. Or, perhaps it's an old ZIM/ZIV Russian knock-off of an American car.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Venuzuela. Or, perhaps it's an old ZIM/ZIV Russian knock-off of an American car.

Nope, not a Russian knock off. Not a ZIS, ZIM or ZIL. I would know. :) It is a real Lincoln.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

davegeb is correct. Probably 1976 judging from the grill design. These Lincolns are also limousine conversions by an outside company (the factory did not manufacture limos). Chromed headlight covers on the casket car were added by the conversion company or someone else - Lincolns were never available with such a thing from the factory.

It was either a '75 or '76. The only difference between a 1975 Town Car and a 1976 Town Car is the climate control panel - the '76 had a color coded scale on the temperature lever and the '75 did not.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

• 1 month later...

I couldn't believe the funeral car the N. Korea president used for the funeral. looks like a 1978 Lincoln. I thought Caddy was the king of Herses back in the '70's. How did they find a Lincoln?

It was a 78 Lincoln...I own a 87 Eureka Cadillac Funeral Coach

I couldn't believe the funeral car the N. Korea president used for the funeral. looks like a 1978 Lincoln. I thought Caddy was the king of Herses back in the '70's. How did they find a Lincoln?

This news article says it is a 1976 Lincoln..

http://news.yahoo.co...-191101625.html

Posted Image

How did anyone find a parade-ready 1976 Lincoln anywhere?

-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data

It was not a 1978 Lincoln... It was either a 1975 or 1976 Lincoln due to the rectangular grille that made the car look like a Mercury from the front. It is impossible to distinguish a '75 from a '76 from the outside. The only difference between the two years was a color coded temperature scale below the temperature lever on the climate control panel.

The 1977-1979 Lincolns had a taller, square grille.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

No one told the North Koreans that the casket is supposed to go INSIDE the hearse! ;)

Britt

The bodyguard is in the one inside.

Archived