CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

intake, exhaust and tuning... HELP

I am curently in afghanistan with the US Army. I would like to get a full exhaust, a cold air intake and i have read that paople are tuning their dts's. I don't really understand with the tuning thing, do i need a chip or a commander? Please help me I want to get these mods done before i get home in March. Thank you fellow caddy owners.

Ethan

You already have a CAI. Just follow the intake duct and see where the intake air actually comes from. It also passes over the PCM to cool it. An aftermarket CAI will do more harm than good. Don't mess with success.

No chips for the PCM. You might want to contact Westers in Canada. They claim to be able to "tune" the PCM. http://westersgarage.eidnet.org/

Exhaust won't gain you too much, but the best you can do is a full CAT back from one of the performance exhaust guys like Magnaflow, Corsa or such.

P.S.

THANK YOU for your service!

It looks like you have a 2007 DTS.

If that is true... there are 2 software packages you can buy to tune both the engine control module and the transmission control module.

They are EFI Live and HP Tuners.

Neither one is cheap... but there are a lot of speed shops that use either one or the other.

I had the owner of BlackBear Performance tune my 2006 DTS.

It was the first Cadillac DTS he had ever tuned... :) :)

I then bought the EFI Live software to do some more tweaking to it.

As Ranger said above... it already has a CAI...

Posted Image

AWESOME THANK YOU I think i found a shop in Mass that can tune it and do the exhaust. i did here not to mess with the cai. Thank you should i expect a big difference with tuning and exhaust? If not what else can i do to make some horsepower?

AWESOME THANK YOU I think i found a shop in Mass that can tune it and do the exhaust. i did here not to mess with the cai. Thank you should i expect a big difference with tuning and exhaust? If not what else can i do to make some horsepower?

You won't see a "HUGE" difference in HP...

You will see much better throttle response, much better shifting after removing the "TORQUE MANAGEMENT" and better overall driveability.

Tuning the engine and especially the transmission, makes it a lot more fun to drive, because it makes it respond better to what you want it to do.

Posted Image

I guess I stand corrected. I was unaware of that. Jim, was there a change in the PCM with the '06 model change?

Yep... starting in 2006, the ECM and TCM are now seperate computers and both of them can now be modified with the proper software and a laptop.

Bruce has had his STS "V" modified also.

Posted Image

Archived