CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

2008 pontiac G5 door locks going crazy help

Im working on a friends 2008 Pontiac G5, the door locks go crazy while driving and even while sitting. After a month of this now the side mirrors are moving. As usual I search enthusiest forums for others having this problem and I find alot of people having this problem with similar model cars but NO solutions. Unlike cadillacs, it seems the owners of these cars are not very technical and just take their cars to dealers to get fixed or shops. So I have to come here!!

Some responses were leaning towards the keyless entry and taking the battery out to see if it stops. Well my friends G5 doesnt have keyless entry so scratch that. Another person was having mild door lock problems and replaced the driver door switch because he thought it got wet and it solved his problem. Im kind of leaning towards this being the issue if the mirror buttons are on that same panel then maybe theres some bad panels out there or they short out easy. From experience I also wonder if its a bcm problem.

Anybody mechanics or other out there ever ran into this with GM cars? What would you test or throw at it?

Thanks

* 1966 Deville Convertible

* 2007 Escalade ESV Black on Black

* 1996 Fleetwood Brougham Black on Black V4P -Gone
* 1983 Coupe Deville Street/Show Lowrider -Gone

* 1970 Calais 4dr Hardtop GONE
* 2000 Deville DTS - Silver with Black Leather and SE grille GONE
* 1999 Seville STS - Pearl Red GONE

thanks, i looked up the TSB's online and found one for cycling locks while driving. So looks like the dealer should know how to fix it then.

* 1966 Deville Convertible

* 2007 Escalade ESV Black on Black

* 1996 Fleetwood Brougham Black on Black V4P -Gone
* 1983 Coupe Deville Street/Show Lowrider -Gone

* 1970 Calais 4dr Hardtop GONE
* 2000 Deville DTS - Silver with Black Leather and SE grille GONE
* 1999 Seville STS - Pearl Red GONE

This may be that TSB...

PIC4336B

It has been reported that an issue exists that will cause the door locks to cycle when driving and/or become inoperative from the door lock switches. When the condition is present the door locks are inoperative from the switches, however they work normally with the key fobs. (If equipped with Remote keyless Entry)

Recommendation/Instructions:

It is recommended that you connect the Tech-2 to the vehicle and look at the door lock switch status (RFA data-list) it should be reading "Idle". If it reads lock or unlock then check for a possible sticking door lock switch and replace as necessary.

Archived