CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

2004 DTS Personalized Settings Problem

growe3

Well I have been stuck on this issue for awhile. I do have the manuals, but at this time they have not helped resolve the problem

Symptoms:

I unlock, enter the car,insert the key,turn the ignition on, and start the car. The readout message reads "Driver 1 Settings".

This is normal, but.....the settings are not applied.

I also tried my other key set for my wife, and it also acknowledges her settings as "Driver 2 Settings", but the settings are not applied.

However....when either of us turns the ignition off, it will apply the Exit settings correctly.

I am puzzled as to why only part of the settings (Exit) work, yet the dash readout seems to function correctly.

No codes are set.

Any suggestions on what to check?

-George

Drive'em like you own 'em. - ....................04 DTS............................

DTS_Signature.jpg

Also, try using the remote opener instead of the key to initiate the settings. In other words, after entering the car and before inserting the key (assuming you wish to enter under the "exit" settings) Either hit the unlock button on the remote, or press the #1 or #2 button on the door. I've never had the driver settings initiate using the key insert alone.

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

on my 97 it can be done either way. but it makes no sense to me why someone would want the seat to go into position before entering the car. I set mine to move to position when the key is inserted.

The only thng i dont like is the exit. it doesnt go to the exit position unless the rxit button is pressed. So if you want to go into exit mod you have to hit the button every time

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

I suppose this feature varies year on year. On my 2008, the seat goes to exit position when the key is removed, but won't move to driving position using just the key, I need to hit the door button. It's possible this programming can be customized using a Tech2, but I have not been able to change it using the dash controls. Niether can I modify the exit position in any way, but really have not studied the manual to find out.

One feature I miss that was on my '99 STS was the ability to switch seat positions while driving. The door buttons used to work whereas I could choose between #1 or #2 while driving. The 2008 won't allow that, just the manual controls.

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

First, thanks for all of the replies and ideas. I am sorry for my delayed response, got caught up in a number of "gotta get done now" things.

I tried to reprogram a few Features to see if setting and resetting something might get it out of this "stuck" position; no joy.

The dash readout at Feature Programming is locked in the "OFF" mode. The Exit functions still work fine, but I just can't get the Feature Programming to go to the "ON" mode.

It may be that a Tech II could reset it, as a last resort I may go to the dealer, and have them see if they can reset it.

-George

Drive'em like you own 'em. - ....................04 DTS............................

DTS_Signature.jpg

I have a similar problem on my '02 DHS. The remotes will set driver 1 & 2 without fail. But I cant figure out how the get the keys to work consistently with Driver 1 & 2. For now we just use the remotes or the door buttons. I have been through all the programming settings and have things set to where I think it should do what I want, but no joy here either as far the keys working.

First, thanks for all of the replies and ideas. I am sorry for my delayed response, got caught up in a number of "gotta get done now" things.

I tried to reprogram a few Features to see if setting and resetting something might get it out of this "stuck" position; no joy.

The dash readout at Feature Programming is locked in the "OFF" mode. The Exit functions still work fine, but I just can't get the Feature Programming to go to the "ON" mode.

It may be that a Tech II could reset it, as a last resort I may go to the dealer, and have them see if they can reset it.

-George

I would pull "BOTH" battery cables....

Then I would touch them together for a few seconds to drain all the capacitors in the system.

Then hook the battery cables back up and see if it will now go to the "ON" mode...

Posted Image

I dont know if this will help, this may be something you have already, but here goes

DIC Vehicle Personalization

Your vehicle is equipped withpersonalization capabilities that allows you to program certain features to apreferred setting for up to two people. The number of programmable featuresvaries depending upon which model of the vehicle is purchased. On all vehicles,features such as climate control settings, radio preset settings, exteriorlighting at unlock, remote lock and unlock confirmation, and automatic doorlocks have already been programmed for your convenience. Some vehicles areequipped with additional features that can be programmed including the seatposition, steering column position (if equipped) and outside mirror position.The navigation screen preferences (if equipped) will remain at the last setposition.

If your vehicle is equipped with theability to program additional personalization features, the driver'spreferences are recalled by pressing the unlock button on the remote keylessentry transmitter or by pressing the appropriate memory button, 1 or 2, locatedon the driver's door. Certain features can be programmed not to recall untilthe key is placed in the ignition. To change feature preferences you must useone of the following procedures.

1. Turn the ignition to ON, making sure the vehicle is in PARK (P).
  2. If your vehicle has memory settings, press the appropriate memory button, 1 or 2, located on the driver's door panel. The DIC display will show either 1 or 2 depending on which button was selected. Make sure the number on the DIC display matches the number on the back of your key fob.
  3. Press the INFO button until FEATURE PROGRAMMING appears on the DIC display.
  4. Press the ON/OFF button to enter FEATURE PROGRAMMING.

1. Enter FEATURE PROGRAMMING following the instructions listed previously.
  2. Press the down arrow on the INFO button until REMOTE RECALL MEMORY appears on the DIC display.
  3. To turn on the feature, press the ON/OFF button until ON appears on the DIC display. To turn it off, press the ON/OFF button until OFF appears on the display.

2. Press the down arrow on the INFO button until KEY IN RECALL MEMORY appears on the DIC display.
  3. To turn on the feature, press the ON/OFF button until ON appears on the DIC display. To turn it off, press the ON/OFF button until OFF appears on the display.

2. Press the down arrow on the INFO button until AUTO EXIT SEAT appears on the DIC display.

2. Press the down arrow on the INFO button until AUTO EXIT STRG WHEEL appears on the DIC display.

2. Press the down arrow on the INFO button until LIGHTS FLASH AT UNLOCK appears on the DIC display.

2. Press the down arrow on the INFO button until LIGHTS FLASH AT LOCK appears on the DIC display.

2. Press the down arrow on the INFO button until HORN SOUNDS AT LOCK appears on the DIC display.

2. Press the down arrow on the INFO button until EXT LIGHTS AT UNLOCK appears on the DIC display.

2. Press the down arrow on the INFO button until DOORS LOCK IN GEAR appears on the DIC display.

2. Press the down arrow on the INFO button until DRIVER UNLOCK IN PARK appears on the DIC display.

2. Press the down arrow on the INFO button until DRIVER UNLOCK KEY OFF appears on the DIC display.

2. Press the down arrow on the INFO button until DOORS UNLOCK IN PARK appears on the DIC display.

2. Press the down arrow on the INFO button until DRIVER UNLOCK KEY OFF appears on the DIC display.

2. Press the down arrow on the INFO button until MIRROR TO CURB IN REV appears on the DIC display.

2. Press the down arrow on the INFO button until TIRE PRESSURE DISPLAY appears on the DIC display.

To exit FEATURE PROGRAMMING, pressthe INFO RESET or INFO button

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

Then I found this

Personalization Description and Operation

Personalization features may be setfor the vehicle or the driver. Vehicle features do not change with each driver.Specific drivers are recognized by the vehicle through the keyless entrytransmitters, the memory buttons, or the driver information center (DIC), andthe personalization settings for that driver are recalled.

This vehicle does not have vehiclepersonalization available.

For more information on driverpersonalization features for this vehicle, refer to

Driver Personalization .

The following is regarding Driver Personalization

Driver Personalization

1. Move the seat, the steering column, and the sideview mirrors to the desired position.
  2. Press the SET button.
  3. Press the 1 button or the 2 button, depending on the driver. A chime will sound to indicate that the setting has been saved.
  4. Repeat the steps for the second driver.
  5. Move the seat , the steering column, and the sideview mirrors to the desired exit position.
  6. Press the SET button.
  7. Press the EXIT button.
  8. Press the 1 button or the 2 button, depending on the driver. A chime will sound to indicate that the setting has been saved.
  9. Repeat the steps for the second driver.

1. Turn the ignition to RUN.
  2. Place the vehicle in PARK.
  3. Press the MEMORY seat button 1 or 2 depending on the driver for this session of personalization programming.
  4. Press the INFO button on the DIC until the DIC displays FEATURE PROGRAMMING.
  5. Press the ON/OFF button to enter the programming mode.
  6. The DIC displays Driver #1 or Driver #2 depending on the chosen driver for this session of personalization programming.
  7. Press the INFO button up or down to scroll through the feature choices.

1. Use the ON/OFF button to turn one of the following options ON or OFF--Only one choice can be ON at any given time:

[*]Press the INFO button in order to advance to the next feature. [*]The DIC displays AUTO EXIT SEAT. [*]Press the ON/OFF button in order to turn this feature ON or OFF. [*]Press the INFO button in order to advance to the next feature. [*]The DIC displays AUTO EXIT STRG WHEEL. [*]Press the ON/OFF button in order to turn this feature ON or OFF. [*]Press the INFO button in order to advance to the next feature.

1. The DIC displays LIGHTS FLASH AT UNLOCK.
  2. Press the ON/OFF button in order to turn this feature ON or OFF.
  3. Press the INFO button in order to advance to the next option.
  4. The DIC displays LIGHTS FLASH AT LOCK.
  5. Press the ON/OFF button in order to turn this feature ON or OFF.
  6. Press the INFO button in order to advance to the next option.
  7. The DIC displays HORN SOUNDS AT LOCK.
  8. Press the ON/OFF button in order to turn this feature ON or OFF.
  9. Press the INFO button in order to advance to the next option.
  10. The DIC displays EXT LIGHTS AT UNLOCK.
  11. Press the ON/OFF button in order to turn this feature ON or OFF.
  12. Press the INFO button in order to advance to the next option.

1. The DIC displays DOORS LOCK IN GEAR.
  4. Use the ON/OFF button in order to turn one of the following features On or OFF--only one choice can be On at any given time:

[*]Press the INFO button in order to advance to the next option.

1. The DIC displays MIRROR TO CURB IN REVERSE.

1. Install the scan tool.
  2. Turn ON the ignition with the engine OFF.
  3. Select the correct vehicle and model year.
  4. Select Body.
  5. Select Personalization.

1. Select Set Options.
  2. Select Driver #1 Automatic Door Lock Mode or Driver #2 Automatic Door Lock Mode.
  3. Highlight the desired mode from the following choices--refer to Automatic Door Locks modes for mode descriptions:

[*]Exit from the menu.

1. Select Driver Information Center.
  2. Select Driver #1 or Driver #2.
  3. Select Driver #1 Name or Driver #2 Name, depending on your previous choice.
  4. The Tech 2 tool displays directions for entering the Driver's Name. Read and press Enter.
  5. Spell the Drivers name by highlighting the correct character and pressing enter.
  6. Repeat until the drivers name is spelled correctly.
  7. Exit from the menu.

1. Select Set Options
  2. Select Driver #1 Curb View or Driver #2 Curb View.
  3. Highlight Parallel Park Assist and press the ENTER button to turn the feature ON or OFF. An asterisk appears when the feature is turned ON.
  4. Exit from the menu.

1. Select Set Options.
  2. Select Driver #1 Perimeter Lighting, Driver #2 Perimeter Lighting or Driver #3 & Driver #4 Perimeter Lighting.
  3. Highlight Perimeter Lighting and press the ENTER button to turn the feature ON or OFF. An asterisk appears when the feature is turned ON.
  4. Exit from the menu.

1. Select Set Options.
  2. Select Driver #1 Activation Verification or Driver #2 Activation Verification.
  3. Highlight the desired mode from the following choices--Refer to Remote Activation Verification modes for mode descriptions:

[*]Press the ENTER button to turn the mode ON or OFF. An asterisk appears beside the current mode. You must turn the current mode OFF before you can turn another one ON. [*]Exit from the menu.

For more information on thepersonalization features, refer to one of the following description andoperations:

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

Archived