CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Florida weather

kcd1184

Still haven't picked up (or seen in person) my newly acquired 98 Eldo. I have had a rental unit and was going to rent again for another month ($ cost way low, another story)

but my friends want to bring it to their house (St Petersburg, Florida), and put it in the backyard till I can get down there. They say they have a cover to use. I also have one that I used to cover ((inside)) my 94 Eldo with that I could send them. I have never tried to cover a vehicle outside. Any advice?

Kent

Make sure that it does not get parked in the grass. especially with the humiidity and salt in florida. I would recommend a good quality cover for longer than 2 month storage

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

The problem with car covers when used to store a vehicle outside is the wind will whip the car cover around and the cover can abrade the paint finish.

It sounds like you have a low cost indoor storage option - if so, that would make the most sense to keep the car indoors.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

The problem with car covers when used to store a vehicle outside is the wind will whip the car cover around and the cover can abrade the paint finish.

It sounds like you have a low cost indoor storage option - if so, that would make the most sense to keep the car indoors.

The boys (retired gents) already pulled the Eldo out of the rental unit and have it in their back yard. Wanted to be able to keep an eye on it... so the only choice left to me is weather to cover it or not.

I would put a foil windshield shield on the inside to protect the dash but I don't think I'd use a cover as I'd be afraid the wind would cause it to abrade the paint.

Now that it is outside, I'd be concerned about mice getting into the engine compartnemt.

How long will the car be outside?

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

I would put a foil windshield shield on the inside to protect the dash but I don't think I'd use a cover as I'd be afraid the wind would cause it to abrade the paint.

Now that it is outside, I'd be concerned about mice getting into the engine compartnemt.

How long will the car be outside?

I would like to have a short visit in Florida by the end of December, but it looks like January is more likely. They keep finding things to do in the new body area of Chrysler's(Fiat) 600 million $ expansion in Belvidere, Il.. Can't justify taking time off knowing there will be many days off at the end of this project. I bought this 98 Eldo for many reasons but mainly because I thought the 94 Eldo was going down for the count,didn't, and I wasn't expecting this job to last so long. Good on both accounts.

Off to work right now.

Archived