CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Are you A Democrat or a Republican?

Are you a Democrat or a Republican?

Here is a little test that will help you decide.

The answer can be found by posing the following question:

You're walking down a

Deserted street with your wife

And two small children.

Suddenly, a Terrorist with a huge knife

Comes around the corner,

Locks eyes with you,

Screams obscenities,

Raises the knife, and charges at you...

You are carrying a

Kimber 1911 cal. 45 ACP, and you are an expert shot.

You have mere seconds before he reaches you and your family

What do you do?

THINK CAREFULLY AND

THEN SCROLL DOWN:

Democrat's Answer: <li type="disc">Well, that's not enough information to answer the question! <li type="disc">What is a Kimber 1911 cal. 45 ACP? <li type="disc">Does the man look poor or oppressed? <li type="disc">Is he really a terrorist? Am I guilty of profiling? <li type="disc">Have I ever done anything to him that would inspire him to attack? <li type="disc">Could we run away? <li type="disc">What does my wife think? <li type="disc">What about the kids? <li type="disc">Could I possibly swing the gun like a club and knock the knife out of his hand? <li type="disc">What does the law say about this situation? <li type="disc">Does the pistol have appropriate safety built into it? <li type="disc">Why am I carrying a loaded gun anyway, and what kind of message does this send to society and to my children? <li type="disc">Is it possible he'd be happy with just killing me? <li type="disc">Does he definitely want to kill me, or would he be content just to wound me? <li type="disc">If I were to grab his knees and hold on, could my family get away while he was stabbing me? <li type="disc">Should I call 9-1-1? <li type="disc">Why is this street so deserted? <li type="disc">We need to raise taxes, have paint & weed day. <li type="disc">Can we make this a happier, healthier street that would discourage such behavior. <li type="disc">I need to debate this with some friends for a few days and try to come to a consensus. <li type="disc">This is all so confusing!

............ ......... ......... ......... ......... ......... ........ ......... .

Republican's Answer:

BANG!

............ ......... ......... ......... .......... ......... ........ ......

Southerner's Answer:

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!

BANG ! BANG! BANG! BANG!

Click.... (Sounds of reloading)

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!

BANG!

BANG!

BANG!

Click

Daughter: 'Nice grouping, Daddy!'

'Were those the Winchester Silver Tips or Hollow Points?!

Son: 'Can I shoot the next one?!'

Wife: 'You ain't taking that to the Taxidermist!

I just wrote a long response to this. It began to meander all over the place and I deleted it, and what did I do, I wrote another meandering response.

Kennedy a Democrat said, its not what your country can do for you, its what you can do for your country!

In 40 years we have Democrats growing Government out of control for the environment, the children etc, and now you have this flip flop

Its not what you can do for your country, its what your country can do for you

Everything this country has done, stood for, even accomplished has been attacked or is under attack. In my short lifetime we went from a proud country to a country where the President apoligizes for us around the world who is not capable of explaining that dropping the atom bomb was a terrible thing, but your leaders were warned to surrender or else, but dropping it saved millions of lives and ended a war in 2 weeks.

Simple example of America haters/non believers, Kennedy focused the nation and challenged us to land on the moon in the decade, and we accomplished that feat, in a race with the Russians for national pride. Shockingly, there are people who think that the moon landings were faked by Hollywood. When I hear that I am shocked that a statement can be made and how could someone make such a statement? They don't even consider that for such a hoax to flourish, potentially millions of people would need to be in on the hoax from the people who watched the launch including wives to the engineers in the control room to the astronauts themselves, it doesnt matter they still think its a hoax.

Recently, we sent a satellite to the moon to explore it. The sateliite was able to take high resolution photos of the foot prints, lunar rover tracks and equipment left behind. In spite of that proof, they still dont believe we went there. How THICK and IGNORANT can you get?

They believe that George Bush lied and knew about 9/11 and allowed it to happen,

Another simple example, there are people that think that the world trade center buildings were demolisted by Bush/Government intentionally as a cause for war. And for proof, they state that there is NO WAY that those buildings should have pancaked like that and went straight down, so it HAD to be done via demolition. What idiots

I had the 'pleasure' to be in those buildings a few times. I never felt comfortable in them at all and I did NOT like being in them. Years ago, I met an OTIS elevator mechanic that said he was on the WTC elevator crew and that they had problems with the elevators. When there were high winds, the buildings swayed so much that the cables in the shafts, began to harmonically swing and banged up against the doors and dented them badly. They solved it by using cable retainers. But what most bothered me was the feeling that I was moving, and I was, my stomach felt uneasy when i was on the 110th floor observatory. I went out on the roof and the winds were crazy. The WTC was build with unique construction, their foot prints were wide open with no vertical beams to support the floors above. There was NO center core as is done in modern construction. The elevator shafts were sheet rock. The weight of the building was supported by the outside 'skin' of the building, and each 4 inch concrete floor was supported by a steel joist structure that was bolted/welded to the outside steel skin stucture. The hot fires weakened the joist system and outside skin was no longer able to support the weight above it, once one floor fell on the floor below, that floor's joist system was incapable of supporting the weight and it gave loose, and so on and so on down it went.

But why is it that I can understand that but the conspiracy theorists refuse to believe any plausible explanation? Those buildings while innovative, were built, 'just to the limit', 'lightly' and using an untested construction technique in my humble opinion. Hell even 7 world trade center a low rise fell due to the intense heat and it pancaked. This type of construction should be scrutinized closely if there are other buildings utilizing it.

The point I am bringing up is, there are people in the world who for whatever reason, just don't get it, they believe garbage, they believe demogoges, they will walk happily along right into a gas chamber not even realizing it, for the good of the planet or for the children and because it is 'for the good' they are blind, ignorant and unwavering when in reality they are 180 degrees wrong. They hate, they are self loathing, they are pompous, they are suffering from white guilt shoved down their throats in school, they are victims, blame everyone but themselves and they are unhappy and need a cause.

Has anyone looked at the crap on TV that is being presented? To me it started with crap like The Simpsons, Roseann, Family Guy, Married with Children, Springer, you may love that garbage but its really trailer park, low life, low morals, white male bashing garbage. Now what do we have, Kardashingtons, Tiger Woods, Representative Weiner, Elliott Spitzer desgrace to CNN anchor, Al Sharpton on MSNBC, Jersey Shore, Jerseylicious, Reality TV, Reality TV with TO and Ocho Cinco, Clinton getting BJ's in the Oval Office, amognst other shows that cram gay men down our throats 24/7, etc... Our culture is being destroyed. What ever happened to morals, ethincs and character? Whatever happened to honesty?, honesty in the media and press?

We have a lack of accurate vetting, and news reporting from the so called objective press. We have become panicked as a people, we here in New York have an earthquake 300 miles away and the city goes into a shutdown, talke about hair trigger! Cell phones get tied up, bridges close, trains are recalled, and I can't tell you how nutty some of my relatives were during it.

I have a cousin who told me OUTRIGHT that she believes in Global Warming and that she has friends who are moving OFF Long Island because the seas are going to rise and wash away their house. I used to get upset and reply, now its probably equally as bad that I look at her oddly and say nothing....

The populas is living in fear, why is that?

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

Read about how the USSR failed, it sounds familiar to me

http://www3.telus.net/EKaminski/collapse.htm

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

To kinda answer your..."I wrote another meandering response.".....

You do realize that Kennedy and his policies would now be considered a "FAR RIGHT" nutjob, if he was alive now???

I know people like some of the ones you are talking about.

I don't associate with them too much...

It is "WAY TOO EASY" for me to tell 'em they are nuts and don't know what the heck they are talking about.

I still worry about it ... how people have forgot what America stood for, and the values this great country was founded on.

I consider myself a Patriotic American...but I don't know what to do to try to educate "OTHER" people that the country they are now living in, is not the same country "I" grew up in.

99 percent of people that you try to talk to... couldn't care less... and don't want to hear anything that disturbes their little tiny, pathetic existence.

As long as they can watch their big screen TV and not ever have to "THINK" about anything ... they are happy... or at least they think they are.

It makes me sad, for what we have lost and what this once Proud Country has become.

Posted Image

I have the same experiences with people. My wife told me to not discuss politics EVEN if others bring it up first.

We were out last week and I was listening and someone said, YEA WELL when Clinton was President we had a booming economy. I thought how shallow can some peoples thinking be?

And i stepped up and said, Clinton benefitted from the IT Bubble and a REPUBLICAN CONGRESS, as a matter of fact it was the Clinton administration that burst the IT Bubble, when they went after Microsoft (because of Netscape for political connections).

The person I was speaking to said, What is IT...... I said Information Technology, the Internet, all of the hardware, web design, new companies, new technology, computers, servers, etc. Its amazing that we have people that credit Clinton but they don't know why he appeared successful, while he was dipping his cigar in the White House and triangulating. A President that was impeached and was disbarred.

My wife grabbed my arm and squeezed it hard sort of like pulling a bridle on a horse....:lol:

See this link >>

http://weakonomics.com/2008/10/02/weakon-227-economic-history-of-the-clinton-years/

The Clinton Administration takes credit for many achievements during this time. Most notably is balancing the budget. Having come out of the Regan and Bush Administrations where spending was not really monitored, our nation had one heck of a budget deficit. Under Clinton, the budget was balanced. However, history tends to ignore the fact that two years after Clinton took office, Republicans took control of Congress for the first time in 40 years. Think about it, Democrats control Congress for 40 years and the deficit gets out of control. Republicans come in and in 4 years balance the budget. They tried to add an amendment to the Constitution that required a balanced budget, however Clinton exercised his veto.Clinton also takes credit for the job creation and economic health that resulted in the 90s. Most of this can be traced to the tech bubble, which popped about the time George W. Bush took office. While times were good during Clinton’s years, they were not because of Clinton. Because of the burst and fallout later, times weren’t even as good as we thought they were. Add in historically low interest rates from the Fed and no president can take credit for economic health.

Clinton was overall an effective president, winning favors from both sides of the political aisle. He left office with a 65% approval rating, which is very high. While I don’t believe any one person can be responsible for so many things, Clinton should get credit for inspiring innovation, encouraging economic expansion, and cutting taxes for the middle class while raising the taxes for the wealthy.

Reckon I would be classified as a Southerner... :)

Myself. In fact, I would be classified as a poor-white-trash Southerner because my weapon would sound like bang, bang, bang, bang, bang.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

I got off target, if I had a gun and was approached by a terrorist with a gun, Bang Bang, then I'd ask questions

....You do realize that Kennedy and his policies would now be considered a "FAR RIGHT" nutjob, if he was alive now???

Exactly correct. The entire political spectrum has been creeping to the left for decades. Unfortunately.

We were robbed of the full potential of JFK's leadership and policies. He understood and stated the concept that 'a rising tide lifts all boats'.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Reckon I would be classified as a Southerner... :)

Myself. In fact, I would be classified as a poor-white-trash Southerner because my weapon would sound like bang, bang, bang, bang, bang.

My 1911 holds seven in the magazine and one in the chamber...and I "ALWAYS" carry one extra magazine. :)

I have always been taught... shoot till the threat stops...or you run out of ammo... :) :)

Posted Image

Simple example of America haters/non believers, Kennedy focused the nation and challenged us to land on the moon in the decade, and we accomplished that feat, in a race with the Russians for national pride. Shockingly, there are people who think that the moon landings were faked by Hollywood. When I hear that I am shocked that a statement can be made and how could someone make such a statement? They don't even consider that for such a hoax to flourish, potentially millions of people would need to be in on the hoax from the people who watched the launch including wives to the engineers in the control room to the astronauts themselves, it doesnt matter they still think its a hoax.

They believe it because they want to believe it. To not believe it would deny a deeply held conviction. It's that simple.

At the risk of raising a sore point, there are many who want Creationism taught in SCIENCE classes. Mountains of undeniable evidence will not allow them to give any credence to Darwinian Evolution. By all means, teach it in Comparative Religion classes, but keep it out of the Science class please.

Deeply held convictions are no substitute for rational thought, from whence comes rational behavior.

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

The mention of Kennedy brings to mind a favorite JFK story.

One evening JFK asked his well connected press secretary, Pierre Salinger, to get him 1,000 fine Cuban cigars. The following morning Pierre, ever the over-achiever, produced 1,200 of the finest Cuban cigars.

It was a nice morning for Jack as he proceeded to sign the Cuban Trade Embargo papers . . .

Not sure if that made him an old fashioned, cold hearted, profiteering Republican or a more contemporary conniving, insider trading Democrat. Your choice. <_<

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Or an everyday cigar-lover with inside information!!

Jim,

I was editing my post to include "insider trading" before I saw your post. Hey, great minds think alike, huh?

Posted Image

Read about how the USSR failed, it sounds familiar to me

http://www3.telus.ne...ki/collapse.htm

Nice link Mike.

Keep an eye on Red China; things there are not as they seem. The MSM, sadly, is not doing its homework.

When "the troubles" come to China, its citizens, if given the opportunity, will not allow democracy to slip through their fingers as the Russians did.

A good writer could put together a spell binding "future history" novel that might well be prophetic. I hope the draft is on some publisher's desk right now. It might be a best seller . . . in China, at the very least.

Posted Image

Why the Gun Industry Secretly Loves Obama

Sales of firearms have surged since he took office—and could plunge under a Republican President

Gold_Ruger_True_Texan.jpg

http://www.businessw...-09012011.html?

Posted Image

Oops, double post. Deleted.

Posted Image

Why the Gun Industry Secretly Loves Obama

Sales of firearms have surged since he took office—and could plunge under a Republican President

Gold_Ruger_True_Texan.jpg

http://www.businessw...-09012011.html?

Too bad I didn't think of that and put 50K into Ruger stock... :) :)

Dang ammo has went out of sight also.

I got online the other day and was pricing 500 round and 1000 round cases... OUCH...

I need a few thousand rounds to replenish my stock.

Maybe it will come back down a little if we elect a good Republican... I don't know...

Posted Image

Yeah. . . who knew?

Had someone pitched that investment idea to me at the time I'd probably have turned it down thinking, "he'll likely do his best to put them out of business." As it turns out he's just trying to put everyone out of business; well, except for his cronies of course.

JustUndoIt2012.jpg

Posted Image

Yeah. . . who knew?

Had someone pitched that investment idea to me at the time I'd probably have turned it down thinking, "he'll likely do his best to put them out of business." As it turns out he's just trying to put everyone out of business; well, except for his cronies of course.

JustUndoIt2012.jpg

I reckon you read about the Solar Power company in California that got over a HALF BILLION in govt money since big O got elected and now has closed the doors and filed bankruptcy....

They were a big contributor to his campaign and to the DNC.

Looks like they got paid back for the contributions...pocketed the $500,000,000 and then shut down operations.

Posted Image

I reckon you read about the Solar Power company in California that got over a HALF BILLION in govt money since big O got elected and now has closed the doors and filed bankruptcy....

They were a big contributor to his campaign and to the DNC.

Looks like they got paid back for the contributions...pocketed the $500,000,000 and then shut down operations.

A HALF BILLION?? That doesn't even amount to pocket change for this administration. Heck, it's not even a rounding error on their pocket change.

Obama_Nobama_2012_Small.jpg

Posted Image

Archived