CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

G Force Chips

navion

I'm curious if anyone has tried one of the "G Force Chips" in their Cadillac?

I see that they are advertised on the CaddyInfo site and I am curious.

They claim "Up to 60 HP increase. (I suppose a 1/2 HP increase would fall under the "up to" description. :blink:

They also claim a 4 to 7 MPG increase in fuel mileage. :hatsoff: along with 25 to 40% decrease in emissions!

I think that the :bsmeter: is called for here, but I hope that I am wrong. Even a 2 MPG increase in fuel mileage would be welcome with $4.00/gallon gas!

So has anybody tried one out? One can only hope that there is some truth to their claims.

But if the claims are true, then these guys should be working for GM! :blink:

Britt

It's quite apparent they are vastly superior to GM Engineers. Why would they choose to work with turkeys when they can soar like eagles?

Okay, I'll stop smirking now. :P

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

They do not appear to be selling a performance computer calibration at all, but rather are more likely selling a resistor to alter the intake air temperature sensor reading so that the car thinks the incoming air is colder than it really is. You can do the same thing with a $0.25 resister from Radio Shack but I don't recommend it. The proper way to tune the car is to get the right sensor values but then alter (if needed) the fuel map across the variety of scenario ranges allowed.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

It's quite apparent they are vastly superior to GM Engineers. Why would they choose to work with turkeys when they can soar like eagles?

Okay, I'll stop smirking now. :P

On the first quick read....I thought you said "SMOKING" ...and I was gonna ask for some of it... :D :D :P

Posted Image

:bsmeter:

Total BS.... If it were that easy to gain MPG, the car would have been equipped from the factory with such a device.

If all those snake oil devices worked as described, you'd need to stop your car every 50 - 100 miles and drain gas out of the tank... :P

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

WOW! 60 more HP, 7 more MPG AND 25-40% lower emissions to boot. Can't get much better than that. I can't help but wonder why they would sell it to us. GM would probably pay millions for this secret.

yea this sounds to good to be true. then again iv seen massive incress in power ect with chiped desile trucks. but i think thats because the gov forces the car companies to tune there desiles for max emissions rather than power,restricts them a lot more than gas cars. after chiping and exhuast work my buddies f350 gained a LOT of power, id guess in the 50 to 100hp range .you could def feel the incres a lot but it did smoke kind of bad lol. if any one gets one of these and tries it def post your impressions!

"G Force (Farce?) Chips", "Ask a Cadillac Mechanic" and others advertise on this site. Their ads show up under the header bars.

I believe that I read about someone complaining about the "Ask a Cadillac Mechanic" because they charged his credit card and never answered his question.

Is there anyway that CaddyInfo can vet these advertisers so people won't get ripped off?

Britt

Texas Jim,

On the main Caddy Info page, there is a CTS floating in clouds.

Below that there is a light blue bar that shows where you are. In this case it says "CaddyInfo.com Cadillac Forum > General Cadillac Help and Discussion > General Cadillac Forums > G Force Chips"

The ads are directly under that light blue bar.

The first ad says Ask a Cadillac Mechanic.

Britt

Texas Jim,

On the main Caddy Info page, there is a CTS floating in clouds.

Below that there is a light blue bar that shows where you are. In this case it says "CaddyInfo.com Cadillac Forum > General Cadillac Help and Discussion > General Cadillac Forums > G Force Chips"

The ads are directly under that light blue bar.

The first ad says Ask a Cadillac Mechanic.

NOW i see the ads...:)

I seldom go to that page, and I had forgot all about the ads...

Here are some reviews of the GFORCE chip...

After reading this, I think they need to be checked out and possibly dropped as a sponsor of this site.

It looks to be a total scam...

http://www.performancechips.com/g-force-performance-chip-reviews.php

Posted Image

Archived