CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Need ride height sensor info for my fleetwood

CoupeDTS

There is a flat wafer style connector that goes to the compressor assembly, mine hangs below the driverside of the compressor, it has maybe 6 wires connecting in a line, the thin white wire is the one you want to tap into and ground. You can use your multimeter probe wire and stick it into where the wire goes into the harness and then ground the other end. You should hear the exhaust solenoid atleast click or release air.

Another thought I'm having if your car sits so high the compressor only needs to turn on for 5 seconds to fill up is maybe someone replaced your springs with ones that are not used on air ride setups, like from a caprice. Fleetwood springs are soft and need the extra lift from the air shocks to sit level. Maybe it never gets low enough to need to exhaust. Testing the exhaust will be next step.

I have seen soooo many fleetwoods over many years so I use a way to judge how a fleetwood sits in the back whether its level or sagging from a broken level control. On the back wheels look at the top of the center cap and get your eyes level with it, then the fender skirt part that is closest to that top part of the center cap should be about an inch to 1.5" above the center cap. Seeing fleetwoods where the fender skirt is at the same level as the top of that center cap it is obvious the system has no air. Yours you say is sitting high so how much higher over the center cap would you say it is??

Ok, looks like it's an FE1. I tried sticking my probe into those plugs last night, but might not have got down to the lug, or might not have had the other end on a good ground. I'll try again tomorrow if I get time. The car was sitting where the fender skirt was all the way up to (maybe slightly higher than) the top of the rim. After messing with it last night letting the compressor kick on, and removing the air line at the compressor...letting it inflate/deflate several times.....now the car is sitting about (as you stated) one inch above the top arch of the center cap. It stayed that way over night, and I drove it to town and back this afternoon, and it is still sitting level. So, either the valve was stuck, and it freed up, or a line is partially clogged, or I don't know. I still want to troubleshoot it some more, but at this moment the car is level.....hmmmmm Now what????

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Atleast you now have an idea of where it should be when level, and you can keep your eye on it for any changes.

* 1966 Deville Convertible

* 2007 Escalade ESV Black on Black

* 1996 Fleetwood Brougham Black on Black V4P -Gone
* 1983 Coupe Deville Street/Show Lowrider -Gone

* 1970 Calais 4dr Hardtop GONE
* 2000 Deville DTS - Silver with Black Leather and SE grille GONE
* 1999 Seville STS - Pearl Red GONE

• 2 years later...

First, this needs to be a new topic, because topics here are about cars, as opposed to problems. You'll get more attention to solving your problem that way. A Forum Administrator may move your post (and my answer) to a new topic.

Second, read out your OBD codes and see what they say.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

First, this needs to be a new topic, because topics here are about cars, as opposed to problems. You'll get more attention to solving your problem that way. A Forum Administrator may move your post (and my answer) to a new topic.

Second, read out your OBD codes and see what they say.

OK we can move it. Sorry about that

I don't think ELC was a monitored system in 95 was it? When I enter diag mode I get the -00 display and I cna scroll through the realtime into for what looks like 39 systems

Ownership:
91 Brougham d'Elegance 350
95 Fleetwood Brougham
02 Deville DTS
01 Deville DTS:
Custom installed Volant CAI
Custom PCM
Body color engine components
Cruiser Alloy wheels
EBC brakes and rotors
Eibach springs
Corsa exhaust