CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

00 deville 44,000

• 1 month later...

dont shoot me for this but have cracks been noted in the block on certain years? Just made me think about that.

Also have to mention that it seems weird that the valve cover gaskets already had to be changed

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

dont shoot me for this but have cracks been noted in the block on certain years? Just made me think about that.

Also have to mention that it seems weird that the valve cover gaskets already had to be changed

I would tend to think that it is age causing the valve cover leaks... not mileage.

It is 11 years old...

Posted Image

Yes. 2000+. I know a local guy that does the HG repair for about $2000. He just finished his 100th. He said he has found enough that he quit counting and salvages blocks just for this reason. I was just at his shop about a week ago and he showed me one.

Thats what I was thinking. It seems the block is pretty thin in that area. Only on the 2000+ maybe. I have heard of that problem locally. its a scary thought. wasnt it on the back side toward the firewall?

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

Archived