CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

2007 STS CD Player -- Help

My cd player won't eject cd's and won't play them. Does anyone know how to get the dash panel off to get to the player? I have a buddy that says he can fix it but doesn't know how to get to it.

Have you tried pulling and re-installing the fuse (a reboot of sorts); my player took a hiatus and needed a restart of this sort once. Though my cd was integral with navigation, I assumed that it got comfused (electronically) and needed to be initialized. Worth a try.

Chuck

'19 CT6, '04 Bravada........but still lusting for that '69 Z-28

Have you tried pulling and re-installing the fuse (a reboot of sorts); my player took a hiatus and needed a restart of this sort once. Though my cd was integral with navigation, I assumed that it got comfused (electronically) and needed to be initialized. Worth a try.

I will give that a try tonight. I don't like going to the dealer for repairs. Everytime I do the car radio has been set to some hip hop loud music station. Two years ago they blew out one of the speakers.

I will give that a try tonight. I don't like going to the dealer for repairs. Everytime I do the car radio has been set to some hip hop loud music station. Two years ago they blew out one of the speakers.

I did the battery disconnect. Now is says it is initializing. Not sure how long that will take but just wait and see.

Texas Jim: I tried the power off twice. No luck. It keeps 'dvd -v initializing. I am going to try to find a manual that explains how to get to the player. I appreciate your reply.

Texas Jim: I tried the power off twice. No luck. It keeps 'dvd -v initializing.

I am going to try to find a manual that explains how to get to the player. I appreciate your reply.

If it is saying DVD INITIALIZING.... it thinks there is a DVD in it and not a CD...

It will not play music burned to a DVD....

Or at least mine won't... I tried it...

Posted Image

I am going to try to find a manual that explains how to get to the player. I appreciate your reply.

If it is saying DVD INITIALIZING.... it thinks there is a DVD in it and not a CD...

Texas Jim:

I had loaded a five disk audio book into the system when it stopped functioning. I don't have any dvd disks, just audio and I don't burn them myself. I have tried everything I can think of and still get DVD-X initalizing. Chevy dealer says can get the Service Manual for about 150 bucks and it will show how to get the dash apart to get to the player. I have a sister that lives in Tyler. Texas is a great place to live. Thanks again.

Texas Jim:

I had loaded a five disk audio book into the system when it stopped functioning. I don't have any dvd disks, just audio and I don't burn them myself. I have tried everything I can think of and still get DVD-X initalizing. Chevy dealer says can get the Service Manual for about 150 bucks and it will show how to get the dash apart to get to the player. I have a sister that lives in Tyler. Texas is a great place to live. Thanks again.

Look on EBAY for the service manual....

It will be cheaper there...

If you can't find one there....go to...

http://www.helminc.com/helm/homepage.asp?r=http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=AqZzCz8K_iJMeEEc5_bSYr6bvZx4?p=helminc.com&toggle=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8&fr=yfp-t-701

Posted Image

I tried to purchase a service manual at helm.com, but apparently they only sell to dealers. SHUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Somehow I am going to figure out how to get into the cd player. Or, tear it up.

I tried to purchase a service manual at helm.com, but apparently they only sell to dealers. SHUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Somehow I am going to figure out how to get into the cd player. Or, tear it up.

Not so; use the link in the previous post then click the first 'Check here' button. Pretty straight forward after that.

I checked my Service Manual (mine is for a 2006 STS) and you need to pry the center trim off with a plastic stick trim tool (I don't know what that is) and it mentions that you have to be careful not to crack the bezel:

1. Carefully pull outward from the bottom of the center trim along the outboard edges and carefully work upward to prevent breaking the center trim.

2. Remove the trim from the instrument panel.

After removing the trim the bolts that hold the radio should be easily accessible.

p.s. I would still get the Service Manual if you plan to keep your STS for any length of time; tons of great info.

Chuck

'19 CT6, '04 Bravada........but still lusting for that '69 Z-28

C&C: Thanks a bunch. I suspected something like that but was afraid to try it. I'll give it a shot this weekend. My wife is nuts about her car. This her second STS. I'd like to have that Northstar V8 in my Jeep. Thanks again.

• 2 months later...

Well I finally got the tools needed to remove the dash panel, and got the unit part way out. I tried for an hour to figure out how to release the electrical and antenna connections loose. No luck. Any ideas about how to release the connections would make my day. If I can get it out I found an outfit that can repair it for $250.

Archived