CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

I have a cracked passenger side mirror glass and want to replace the glass only. Is the passenger side an auto dimming mirror just like the drivers side mirror? I have found a couple that are heated with the turn signal lights but not auto dimming. I would like to replace it with the same just not really looking forward to buying it from the dealer.

Thanks for any help,

I have a cracked passenger side mirror glass and want to replace the glass only. Is the passenger side an auto dimming mirror just like the drivers side mirror? I have found a couple that are heated with the turn signal lights but not auto dimming. I would like to replace it with the same just not really looking forward to buying it from the dealer.

Thanks for any help,

I have no first person experience with an Escalade but my Cadillac and other GM passenger car experience tells me the RH mirror is not electrochromic (auto dimming).

You might be able to locate a salvage yard mirror glass from a similar GM chassis vehicle (Suburban or Tahoe or whatever the same Chevrolet/GMC chassis name plate is). Or contact one of the many GM parts web sellers.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Thanks for any help,

I have no first person experience with an Escalade but my Cadillac and other GM passenger car experience tells me the RH mirror is not electrochromic (auto dimming).

You might be able to locate a salvage yard mirror glass from a similar GM chassis vehicle (Suburban or Tahoe or whatever the same Chevrolet/GMC chassis name plate is). Or contact one of the many GM parts web sellers.

Thanks Jim, I knew the drivers side auto dimmed but was uncertain about passenger. I will look online for a replacement.

Again, Thanks for the reply

Archived