CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Lease End Buy Out

Hi All,

Not sure where to go with this, but I'll try here first. The lease on my 2008 Alpine White V is ending shortly. I'd like to buy the car. The buy out is about 75K. Seems high. Is there any way I can get it cheaper? Who do I negotiate with? The dealer says, it is what it is. GMAC says the same. Ideas?

I think you have to decline to buy back the V, then it will go up for sale or for auction. If you were selling the car privately, the most you could sell it for would be around $50K according to KBB, which probably means you can find another 08 XLR-V for a similar figure. Of course miles and condition determine value.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Even though the buyout is 75k (that would be a guaranteed price with you having first option to buy at that price); buying the car off lease is still negotiable but if there are others interested you are competing with them to purchase.

Chuck

'19 CT6, '04 Bravada........but still lusting for that '69 Z-28

If your dealer will co-operate with you...and some will and some won't...

You can turn it in at the end of the lease...

the dealer watches the auction and buys it back for you at the auction price...

which like Bruce said, would probably be around 50K, not the 75K you would have to pay if you bought it now.

Posted Image

Hi All,

Not sure where to go with this, but I'll try here first. The lease on my 2008 Alpine White V is ending shortly. I'd like to buy the car. The buy out is about 75K. Seems high. Is there any way I can get it cheaper? Who do I negotiate with? The dealer says, it is what it is. GMAC says the same. Ideas?

Archived