CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

2012 Model year

BUICK11

We are anxiously waiting to test drive and purhaps purchase the 2012 XTS (Replacement for the DTS) Was wondering if anyone knows when they can be expected at the dealers? It seems our local dealer just wants to close out the 2011 DTS models. They say sometime this summer. In the old days September use to be the big month for all the parties at the dealers when the new models were shown.

Thanks

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think they are coming in the Spring of 2012 as a 2013 model. Start manufacture early in 2012 arrive at dealers in May?

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

local dealer has new cts cars for 32k. and a cts-v for 66k. thats a nice bump for a few extra options. ;)

local dealer has new cts cars for 32k. and a cts-v for 66k. thats a nice bump for a few extra options. ;)

Even though this post is a digression of the original post, responding to your comment; the differences between the cts and the cts-v can hardly be described as a few extra options. While the cts is quite a nice vehicle, you've got to know, that the cts-v is an 'animal' (and I use this word in only the most complimentary sense) and worth (for what it is) every cent difference in price.

Chuck

'19 CT6, '04 Bravada........but still lusting for that '69 Z-28

yes, my comment does not belong in this thread. but that has never stopped me from posting before. a new vette is 43k. a zr-1 is 77k or so. all would agree a vette ls motor is nice. is a blown hand built ls version worth 30k more? go down to ligenfelter and ask what a blown ls install costs?

yes, my comment does not belong in this thread. but that has never stopped me from posting before. a new vette is 43k. a zr-1 is 77k or so. all would agree a vette ls motor is nice. is a blown hand built ls version worth 30k more? go down to ligenfelter and ask what a blown ls install costs?

There is so much more to a ZR-1 than a blower...

Way too much to list here...

If you want performance.. the ZR-1 is definitely worth the extra money....

As is the CTS "V"...

If you haven't rode in or drove, a CTS "V" .. there is really no way to explain the differences to you between it and a regular CTS.

You can't convey it with just words...

Posted Image

I'm not trying to 'jump on your case' but I would like to set some of your facts straight. A new Vette (goes for around 50), a ZO-6 (is closer to your 77 figure) and a ZR-1 (goes for around 110, and up; probably a 'buck and a quarter', 125, for a well equipped model). All these models contain more than engine upgrades; the later two, suspension, brakes, wheels/tires and of course different engine power.

Chuck

'19 CT6, '04 Bravada........but still lusting for that '69 Z-28

Back to the original question about the new model year for the 2012/2013 XTS.

BRUCE... Do you know if they are going to offer a Platinum Performance model?

BRUCE... The information you gave to me I shared with my dealer and he was glad to hear something. They are just interested in selling out their existing inventory.

THANKS

There is likely to be a Platinum model, although it may not be available at first XTS release.

There will probably not be a V or Performance model of the XTS, as it is focused on high tech luxury.

Bruce

Just a little off topic here.

But I read other places that GM family badges will adapt whatever the English translation is for the Greek letter designation of the XTS chassis.

Buick for some unidentifed model.

And Chevrolet to reinvent the Impala.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Hmm; The XTS will be on the Super Epsilon-2 chassis, or extended Epsilon 2, so I suppose you mean it might be the ETS?

Bruce

This source suggests the XTS will be in Dealer showrooms next Summer, along with the ATS:

http://www.newsok.com/bc-gm-product-det/article/feed/265411?custom_click=pod_headline_usnational-news

Akerson wants to boost sales of luxury cars, and next summer will launch two new Cadillacs: the XTS and an unnamed compact. "They're not going to blow the doors off," he said, "but they will be very competitive."

The full-size XTS will replace the DTS and STS; the ATS is a small sedan and will be built in Lansing.

Cadillac is key to the future GM has plotted for itself. Of its four remaining brands, Akerson wants just two to be sold on a global basis: Cadillac and Chevy.

Bruce

• 1 month later...

The disappointment is that Cadillac has basically forgotten the heritage of the FULL SIZE luxury car. Did you ever think you'd see a day when the ONLY car in Cadillac's fleet would be the CTS, a rather small "Luxury Sports" sedan?

For those of us who truly like a full size vehicle, an entire model year without such an entry in the line-up is virtually criminal.

The disappointment is that Cadillac has basically forgotten the heritage of the FULL SIZE luxury car. Did you ever think you'd see a day when the ONLY car in Cadillac's fleet would be the CTS, a rather small "Luxury Sports" sedan?

For those of us who truly like a full size vehicle, an entire model year without such an entry in the line-up is virtually criminal.

Take very good care of your current FULL SIZE vehicle because you will not have many options in the very near future.

While this congress and administration cannot agree on how to stop the abuse of the US credit card, this one-term president takes the time to announce a 54.5 MPG CAFE for 2025. There "ain't no way" for GM/Ford/Chrysler et al to meet a 54.5 MPG CAFE with any 4,000 pound cars in the mix.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

I read that ford is going to dump a ton of money into their Lincoln line up for the 2012 model year. It would break my heart to buy a Ford Product BUT may have to look at the Town Car! We have lots of time the 2008 STS is still under warranty for a long time, the 2001 DTS is covered by GMPP until the end of the year and the dealer has offered a after market warranty on just the drive train at a fair price. Our goal was to trade the 2 Caddy's for one new XTS Platinum edition next year

Amen!

I would really really really hate to go to a Lincoln.

* 1966 Deville Convertible

* 2007 Escalade ESV Black on Black

* 1996 Fleetwood Brougham Black on Black V4P -Gone
* 1983 Coupe Deville Street/Show Lowrider -Gone

* 1970 Calais 4dr Hardtop GONE
* 2000 Deville DTS - Silver with Black Leather and SE grille GONE
* 1999 Seville STS - Pearl Red GONE

I know it is not a sedan, but the Escalade ESV is a larger vehicle.

100_1151-1024x682.jpg

Actually, the CTS has plenty of rear leg room / space in my experience. If you are looking for larger vehicle to hold more people though I would look at the Escalade.

Bruce

I just want a large sedan to hold ME and DARLING WIFE....in the front seat...with plenty of room and IN COMFORT...

Nothing I have driven in the past 15 years from Cadillac fits that bill except the DTS...and it is now dead and discontinued.

Posted Image

Texas Jim the STS-V is not that diff in terms of front shoulder or leg room than the DTS is it? Also discontinued of course, but still.

The Escalades are great for road isolation & space.

Bruce

Texas Jim the STS-V is not that diff in terms of front shoulder or leg room than the DTS is it? Also discontinued of course, but still.

The Escalades are great for road isolation & space.

My friend has an Escalade and my son has a Sierra Denali...

I don't really think I want one of them as a long road trip vehicle.

Our road trips are usually at least 4000 miles... unless we are just going up to Colorado for a few days.

This last one was over 6000 miles.

I will pay more attention to that the next time I drive it.

The first time I was just getting the feel of the steering and handling and I wasn't paying much attention to the room in it.

Then when I drove it to Discount Tire to have the new tires put on it... I was just driving real slow and paying attention to the tires... hoping it would be OK till I got there. :) :)

But I definitely want to see how it "FITS" me the next time we get together.

Posted Image

Im 6'5" so my knees still rested on the dash of my deville DTS. My seville STS my knees would hit the keys cuz the ignition wasnt on the column if I remember right.

Believe it or not when I met my wife she had a 98 talon TSI awd turbo, basically an eclipse, and that thing the seat would go so far back my legs were straight trying to touch the pedals. Sure no room in back at all but why does a little tiny sports car have more leg room than a full size? I never understood why my caddys seats never went further back. I feel bad for anyone taller than me.

I called my Caddy dealer Saturday to discuss the XTS. Once again Bruce was more helpful in his post. The Caddy dealer did tell me we will not be happy if we expect something like the size of our DTS. Started to do some back up work on the Lincoln MKS. May look at one in the next few weeks. I think GM/Cadillac may be making a mistake!

Some of us like the highway cruiser like the DTS.

Will see but not looking good!

The "full size" lincoln and cadillacs look more shorter and taller. They are actually really tall compared to most cars. Even the cheaper version of the MKZ the ford 500 is the same way, really tall. Im sure designers just cut out extra room in the engine compartment and trunk, shortened up the bumpers some and called it good. Maybe people dont need such big trunks anymore. Heck in my Fleetwood I can literally stand between the engine and radiator and also easily stand between the radiator and back side of the front bumper, lots of extra space.

Ive said it before and Ill say it again, these new luxury cars arent what your grandparents desired, its a new generation of people that can afford these things and they think this is what people want.

Archived