CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

'95 Concours rear level control

Does anyone know how to diagnose the height sensors? The airpump runs for 5 seconds no matter what the rear load is. There are no leaks in the lines/airshocks (airshocks are 3 yrs old). The airpump is new.

Next question: If I need a height sensor, where can I find one? It is not available through the dealers.

• 4 weeks later...

First you will need to pull your RSS codes by holding the climate control OFF and Warmer buttons for 5 seconds, and record all of the codes and post them here.

Is the service ride control message coming on?

Is the car riding unusually high or low?

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

First you will need to pull your RSS codes by holding the climate control OFF and Warmer buttons for 5 seconds, and record all of the codes and post them here.

Is the service ride control message coming on?

Is the car riding unusually high or low?

I took the car to our local Cadillac dealer for diagnosis. The tech said that the codes (62 and 64 I believe) indicated that neither height sensor was working. GM has discontinued the parts.

The "service ride control" message does indeed come on every time I start the car. With no weight at the rear, the ride height is normal.

• 2 weeks later...

weird, just because GM has discontinued the parts, they may still be available from another company. Check your rods to the rear leveling sensors really well, and check your plugs also. Both side fail aat the same time, I kind of think unlikely

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

weird, just because GM has discontinued the parts, they may still be available from another company. Check your rods to the rear leveling sensors really well, and check your plugs also. Both side fail aat the same time, I kind of think unlikely

I've been getting the "check suspension" light for years, but the level control was working well. In April this year I noticed the pump was coming on for only 5 seconds after turning the ignition on. I lifted vehicle, notice the left rod was missing. Got one at a boneyard, but discovered that the sensor lever movement was very stiff. I lubed it, got it moving well, installed thea rod. No difference, in other words, airpump only operates for 5 seconds.

I'm thinking about just mounting a switch near my steering wheel and running a wire to the pump. I towed the boat once this year - rear very low of course.

Archived