CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

What if you won the lottery?

Marika

What if you Won the Lottery?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. You Won the Lottery, Who would you share with?

• A few close friends, to help them out
    • Immediate Family Members only
    • Immediate Family Members, but only to Keep the Peace
    • No Family Members, they are parasites or just no good
    • No Family Members, they are deceased or living in a foreign country
    • Animal Shelters
    • Hospitals
    • Absolutely No One

Hello to everyone! I know, it's been a while. I haven't won the lottery (yet) but I'm curious as to what people would do if they did win the lottery. How would you handle at least some aspect of your life after winning the lottery, specifically, who, if anyone, would you give some of your winnings to? You can choose multiple answers in this poll.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

My new garage would have a house attached to it. And in the garage there would be some interesting vehicles, i.e. Corvette, Ferrari, Cadillac(s), etc. That would be step one, step two might include whom I would give money to.

Chuck

'19 CT6, '04 Bravada........but still lusting for that '69 Z-28

My new garage would have a house attached to it. And in the garage there would be some interesting vehicles, i.e. Corvette, Ferrari, Cadillac(s), etc. That would be step one, step two might include whom I would give money to.

Don't forget to vote!

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Good subject...:D

I have actually thought about this .. a little.

Assuming it was a pretty big win...and since no one in my family has money...

I would probably pay off all of my Brothers homes and then buy each of them a new car/truck.

I would sell the house I live in and buy myself a little nicer home, out in the country, on a few acres and get 2 new Cadillacs.

A new DTS for trips and a "V" wagon for a city/play car.

The "V" would spend a little time at Hennesey before it came home to stay.

Then I would spend most of my time in the DTS going all over the country and seeing things that I haven't seen yet. :D

Posted Image

If I won the lottery, I have already envisioned taking care of all of my family members, I would build a track at my daughter's school, built the ultimate smart home, and I'd buy a Cadillac CTS-V and raffle it off on Caddyinfo!

And TexasJim, I'd buy you a Cadillac CTS-V wagon so that you and your wife could tour the country in comfort!

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

• 2 years later...

Better read the fine print of these lotteries, you might not like what happens to you from the notoriety that ensues. Someone around here won 1 million in state lottery and it ruined her life. She was an elderly lady (70's) and people came out of the woodwork trying to get money from her. She eventually had to move out of her home town of 50 yrs and relocate. Her children wrote a letter to the local newspaper begging people to leave their mother alone. They went on to decribe what some people tried to do to get money from her, like camping out on the street and making it so she could not even leave the house. These were not local people but hucksters from all over the USA.

Better read the fine print of these lotteries, you might not like what happens to you from the notoriety that ensues. Someone around here won 1 million in state lottery and it ruined her life. She was an elderly lady (70's) and people came out of the woodwork trying to get money from her. She eventually had to move out of her home town of 50 yrs and relocate. Her children wrote a letter to the local newspaper begging people to leave their mother alone. They went on to decribe what some people tried to do to get money from her, like camping out on the street and making it so she could not even leave the house. These were not local people but hucksters from all over the USA.

I'll take my chances. :)

Chuck

'19 CT6, '04 Bravada........but still lusting for that '69 Z-28

I feel sorry for anyone that tried to camp out in front of my house in hopes of getting anything from me.... LOL

That would just make me more determined than ever to not give them even ONE PENNY... and all their camping stuff would get run over by a Cadillac.... REPEATEDLY....

That's also one more reason I carry concealed...

I can protect myself.... "AND" I know how to say "NO"

Posted Image

I feel sorry for anyone that tried to camp out in front of my house in hopes of getting anything from me.... LOL

That would just make me more determined than ever to not give them even ONE PENNY... and all their camping stuff would get run over by a Cadillac.... REPEATEDLY....

Oh what fun I would have saying NO...I might even have to say thanks for the entertainment value,nah. Of course never buying lottery tickets of any kind is going to make it hard to do.

Oh what fun I would have saying NO...I might even have to say thanks for the entertainment value,nah. Of course never buying lottery tickets of any kind is going to make it hard to do.

Running the scenario thru my mind...

I can just imagine people from all over would show up looking for a handout.

Most of them you may not have seen or heard from in 20 years... and there is usually a good reason for that... LOL

You didn't want to see them or hear from them... LOL

Posted Image

Running the scenario thru my mind...

I can just imagine people from all over would show up looking for a handout.

Most of them you may not have seen or heard from in 20 years... and there is usually a good reason for that... LOL

You didn't want to see them or hear from them... LOL

Agreed!

I have never bought a lottery ticket in my life - I know how awful the odds of winning are and when the amount is high, the odds are even worse since many more play the game...

But, if I did play and won, I would want to remain anonymous for the reasons mentioned...

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

From everything that I have read lately, winning the lottery usually ruins the life of the winner. The life expectancy becomes 2-5 years, the cash drain rate increases to whatever it takes to go bankrupt in a year or two, and you find that your family tree is joined to an unexpectedly broad extended famly by psychic forces.

If I was harassed on the street near my home, I would move to a gated community that housed others with similar level of assets. My household, including pets, would become more comfortable and more secure. The money would fade into the woodwork as invested savings, producing income and growth, thus providing security for the future. I would not change my lifestyle, except perhaps to travel more. I think that that churches and other vetted charities that have certified very high disbursement-to-overhead ratios are a better way to help people than handouts to friends or relatives. Most people that I know of that get big loans or windfalls either blow it or make permanent lifestyle changes for a temporary change in finances that causes long-term problems, usually very serious problems. And I've seen trust funds for young people prevent them from ever realizing their potential as people, as in finishing school, getting jobs, establishing careers, and marrying well.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived