CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

fuel rail recall

mike5514

got mine, but it was burned in the fire.....just kidding//

Ha ha ha! You got one for a '98?

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

What engines is the recall for? I have a 1997 STS, Would that be on the recall? Thanks

It's for the fuel rail on the '95-'97 Northstar engines as well as the Olds Aurora 4.0 engine. The nylon fuel rail is being replaced with a stainless steel fuel rail. The Olds also gets a new fuel line.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

I called the local Caddy dealership two weeks ago about the recall, based on the info on this board. They asked for the VIN on my '97 DeVille, checked it out, and said that mine wasn't included. When I asked them why mine wasn't included, when the recall apparently applied to all '97 DeVilles, they said mine must have been built in a different factory. I took the car in anyway, for some front end work. Yesterday, I got the recall notice in the mail from GM. I checked with the same dealership, and they said "it's on the list, bring it in." Now, I have to head back there a second time.

My Father-in-law just got his replaced on his SLS...

He dropped the car off at the dealer, and picked it up an hour later..

It must be an easy replacement....

He didn't know what they did, but we figured it wasn't the whole fuel rail...That would take a few hours...

The replacement procedure, according to the notice, replaces the entire fuel rail, and takes approximately 50 minutes.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Service tech said that they were replacing every one regardless.

That's what the service advisor told me as well. He said mine did not require replacement but they were instructed to replace all of them. I inspected it prior to dropping off the car and the nylon tubing did not have the yellow/white "GM 213M TYPE F" or "M-BOND" identification spec. on it. The TSB says that if the tubing does not have the identifying specs., it must be replaced with the stainless rail.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Archived