I need to know what the trouble codes on my dash is reading! It starts with

P030

P052

I052

A037

no sir codes

T033

PCM?

The car runs and drives good just have a slight performance drop and gas mileage went from 18mpg city to 12.7 even on hwy!! Acceleration isn't like it use to be and also check engine light comes on until I shut the car off!!!

I looked under the hood and found several cracked hoses and disconnected hoses too. When I connected it back the air conditioner works now. But I couldn't find where the other tube goes but it looks like it can connect to what looks like a MAP sensor but doesn't quite reach!! And a thick hose coming from charcoal canister that's just laying there I'll send pics if you think you can help!!

Any help would be appreciated!!! Thanks

I would post picks if you have that many disconnected hoses. Replace all cracked vacuum hoses and we will start from there.

Can the disconnected vacuum lines cause a check engine light though??! I'll have pics today after I come back from autozone with the tubing!! I was told the charcoal canister line connects to the throttle body but there's nowhere to connect to??!!!

I think the vacuum hose coming from the charcoal canister goes to a hose that was plugged up with a plastic cap. I don't know how to post pics!!!!

T033 and t037 were because both rear wheel sensors were disconnected!

Can they cause bad gas mileage??

All other codes are saying history only t033 and t037 said current but are now cleared since I connected them!

Only thing now is the vacuum leaks which I'm adding new hoses as we speak!!

Your vacuum leaks will give you bad MPG. As far as your pics, you have to do that through photo bucket. Dont worry about the history codes, just worry about the current ones.

I think the vacuum hose coming from the charcoal canister goes to a hose that was plugged up with a plastic cap. I don't know how to post pics!!!!

T033 and t037 were because both rear wheel sensors were disconnected!

Can they cause bad gas mileage??

All other codes are saying history only t033 and t037 said current but are now cleared since I connected them!

Only thing now is the vacuum leaks which I'm adding new hoses as we speak!!

No.

The line to the charcoal canister is for the EVAP system and WILL set the SES light as it is emission related. It is supposed to be a closed system which is now open.

I don't know but now since I disconnected the hose that was cracked and replaced, the a/c blows through the dash vents now! Y does the canister connect to the hoses that control the a/c vacuum??

Guy at autozone said the hose doesn't go to anything and it was modified to work like that but I just want my gas mileage back since gas prices are so high as it is!!! I'm willing to try connecting random hoses to each other!

I agree with Goran W, find a Deville with a 4.9 in it and take alot of pics. It sounds like the previous owner didnt know what they were doing. Let us know. The self service junk yards have always been a good source to find out info, you can go out to the yard and find a 4.9 engine that hasnt been messed with and you should be home free with the info you need.

the a/c blows through the dash vents now!

A/C is supposed to blow through the dash vents. Heat blows from the floor vents.

Y does the canister connect to the hoses that control the a/c vacuum??

I think the canister vacuum is supposed to come from the manifold, but I'm not positive. It's been a long time since I've had a 4.9.

The egr solenoid looks like it's missing a vacuum hose. can the hose that was too short coming frm the a/c vacuum splitter go to the egr solenoid?

If I remember correctly the EGR valve has a short hose that goes to the solenoid and another longer one that goes from the solenoid to a vacuum source on the manifold.

EDIT:

Maybe this will help.

0900c1528025ed6c.gif

Archived