CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

04 3.6 cts "stutters" "jerks' when accelerating

Hey all, we have a 2004 3.6 cts. A couple weeks ago it started "stuttering" "jerking" (bout the only way i can describe it)whenever you go to accelerate; it also does it when climbing inclines. (it's the wifes car so i never drive it and she just told me about it)so i took it up the road and it's worse than she made it out to be. When it "stutters" the engine light starts blinking and it's also ideling rough when stopped.(can't believe she didn't tell me before now) thanks in advance for anyone who will take the time to help me out.

First things first, get the codes read (to see where the trouble may lie). Sounds as you engine is going lean; could be a lot of things causing this so you've got to get the codes read. If you want to do a quick look-around, you could check for vacuum leaks under the hood.

Chuck

'19 CT6, '04 Bravada........but still lusting for that '69 Z-28

• 7 years later...
On 3/9/2011 at 1:19 PM, cdgrinci said:

First things first, get the codes read (to see where the trouble may lie). Sounds as you engine is going lean; could be a lot of things causing this so you've got to get the codes read. If you want to do a quick look-around, you could check for vacuum leaks under the hood.

Archived