CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Speed World Challenge

Here is the home website for the new racing series that the CTS-V's are

participating in this season, as a GT car:

http://www.world-challenge.com

tech specs for this series are done by car, with weight added if you win,

or removed if you lose to try to make the series more competitive.

specs: http://www.world-challenge.com/competitors/vts.html

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

That's good news! It was lonely being the only Cadillac at the tracks out here last year, after the depature of the ALMS LMP 900 class.

It looks like two 'works' cars will be running in that separate "Speed" race, accompianing the larger ALMS race on race day. Hmmm..I have read that due to rule changes in '04, that the CTS-V would be running in the big ALMS race in the GTS class. We'll see. It would be great to see them in both.

It will be interesting to see as the race year progresess, how many Cadillac owners will show up to watch the race. I have been going to both Laguna Seca and Sears Point (ok, "Infineon"..whatever..It'll always be 'Sears Point' to us diehards..) for more than 30 years, and there has never been a "Cadillac Corral" at any time.

Hmmm..I wonder why...LOL

Who knows..maybe it'll happen yet!

'93 STS.. opened, dropped, wide...fast.

user posted image

Interestingly, the spec sheet for the CTS-V says that their 6-speed gear box won't be ready for Sebring, so they are running a 5-speed there. Hope this does not mean gear boxes are going to haunt us again.

Bruce

That is interesting..start out with five gears for twelve hours, FTB, while the upgrade is in the works.. You'd think the 5 speed would be more appropriate for a track like Sears Point. I wonder if although the six speed eventually makes the grade, the 'fiver' will be still be used on certain tracks? Guess we'll have to hang around the pits and see,eh?

'93 STS.. opened, dropped, wide...fast.

user posted image

The spec sheet seemed to say they are using the 5-speed because the 6-speed is not ready yet due to mfg delays?

Hewland 5-speed dog-ring gearbox will be used at Sebring due to supply/gearbox problems. The 100 lbs. penalty will be included in Appendix A base weight. (Hewland Ratios: 1st ?, 2nd ?, 3rd ?, 4th ?, 5th ?). The production Tremec 6-speed transmission and listed ratios will be used starting at 2004 Lime Rock race.

Quarter Master bellhousing (pn: ?) is permitted. Mid-valley adapter plate (p/n: ?) is permitted. Production Tremec T-56 transmission must be rotated on its side.

If you go to the forums on that site some of the regulars are complaining that the CTS-VR got too many concessions from the production model CTS-V -- lower front end, engine moved back 3", etc. Hopefully it will come out blazing at the first race, then get muted after.

Bruce

Archived