CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Intermittant Blower motor 2003 Seville

I have a problem with my heater motor. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I have taken out the glove compartment and the trim panel below the passenger side to access the blower motor. When the blower stops I have tried to wiggle the wires feeding the motor, but nothing happens. I can see the DIM module, but I can't seem to find the blower motor control processor. I think the blower is fine as it doesn't make any unusual noises when it is running. I also assume the fuses are OK because if they were blown the heater motor wouldn't work at all. Problem is, here in Ontario its about -4c.

Again question is where is the BMPC located so I can test it, weather permitting.

Thanks

I agree with your assessment of the fuse but I would still remove it and inspect the blades for oxidation/corrosion. In the underseat fuse box labled as HVAC BLOW 2, 30A.

At the blower, be sure the braided wire attached to the motor frame is tight and clean.

Then disconnect the connector and probe the BMCP side with a voltmeter. Between pin A (black wire) and pin B (purple wire) you should see a DC voltage that varies depending on manually selected blower speed. Keep in mind the BMCP adjusts blower motor speed via PWM which provides infinite blower motor speed adjustment when the HVAC system is selected to AUTO.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

I agree with your assessment of the fuse but I would still remove it and inspect the blades for oxidation/corrosion. In the underseat fuse box labled as HVAC BLOW 2, 30A.

At the blower, be sure the braided wire attached to the motor frame is tight and clean.

Then disconnect the connector and probe the BMCP side with a voltmeter. Between pin A (black wire) and pin B (purple wire) you should see a DC voltage that varies depending on manually selected blower speed. Keep in mind the BMCP adjusts blower motor speed via PWM which provides infinite blower motor speed adjustment when the HVAC system is selected to AUTO.

I say blower motor. I have done 3 so far, 1 2003, and 2002s. All for the same problem. Intermittent operation on any speed at any time. One moment it works completely fine, the next it doesnt work at all.

I thought the job sucked though, It seems like the location would be alot easier than the firewall mount design from the 90s but the motor is humungus as is the cage. I had quite the fight getting all of the screws out and removing and installing the units.

I remember having to remove the complete glove compartment, the trim below the glove compartment., Some computer and had to pull the right font sill and pull the carpet back for some extra clearance, 2 I did had moonroofs and one of the drains was right to the right of where the motor needs to be pulled down.. Good luck and haave fun

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

Archived