CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Rear tail light lens 2004 DHS

BSchlossmann

Recently, while backing up in the dark, the rear senors on my 2004 DHS alarmed. I immediately hit the brakes, but not in time to hear a little crunch from the rear passinger tail light. I tail light still works properly but now there is a small whole in the red lens cover were it hit the mail box. The only replacement that I have found so far is to replace the whole assembly used at a cost of $180-$200, or new for $250+. My question is, does anyone know of a place were just the outside red lens cover could be purchased? I was able to remove the broken red lens cover and the only part number on it states "RH >PMMA-PC< 278 100" I tried googling this information but didn't come up with anything. Maybe someone else on this board had a similar experience and could share their information. Anyway, Merry CHRISTmas to all...

From Amazon.com for $167:

I checked Rock Auto and Amazon and apparently the lens and case are made as an assembly. That's not unusual in modern cars. It makes it easier to seal out moisture and keep the lens and reflector bright and clear. And, it's not clear (no pun intended) that this makes replacement of the lens any more expensive.

BTW, the "Make sure it fits" wizard of Amazon does not verify this part; this is apparently an error, because I got the part number from Rock Auto and verified it.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Recently, while backing up in the dark, the rear senors on my 2004 DHS alarmed. I immediately hit the brakes, but not in time to hear a little crunch from the rear passinger tail light. I tail light still works properly but now there is a small whole in the red lens cover were it hit the mail box. The only replacement that I have found so far is to replace the whole assembly used at a cost of $180-$200, or new for $250+. My question is, does anyone know of a place were just the outside red lens cover could be purchased? I was able to remove the broken red lens cover and the only part number on it states "RH >PMMA-PC< 278 100" I tried googling this information but didn't come up with anything. Maybe someone else on this board had a similar experience and could share their information. Anyway, Merry CHRISTmas to all...

Check Ebay there are ones for $90 or less on there [one for $25]. You also may want to look at your local Craig's list for someone parting out a compatible Deville in your area.

Last Week I bought a complete Driver Side Mirror Assembly unit for my 03 DHS for $50 on Ebay. The Caddy Dealer wanted $300+ for just the internal Mirror Assembly [ My mirror glass was cracked in a parking lot, so all I needed was the glass].

You may have to look for a while to see what comes available.

Archived