CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

buying an XLR-V

Well I finally did it! I sold a 69 six pak super bee so I could buy an XLR_V :wub: So if that wasn't bad enough now that I have my new/used car paid for, it sits on a lot in NY because NO TRUCKING COMPANY wants to pick it up and deliver it to SE Kansas. I have the offer to deliver it but of course they want more vehicles from that area and to my area to pay for their trip. So it just sits!!!!!!!!! Anyone shipped a vehicle to give me advice? I really dont want to take 2-3 days off work, fly there then drive it in the salt and snow home.

Mike

Wow, congrats on the new XLR-V; I am very jealous.

Salt and snow can be washed off; I would go pick it up if the roads are clear enough to drive home (but they may not be in NY).

You might ask them if they can get it to a major city closer to you (and out of the snowy north east) and then fly there?

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Wow, congrats on the new XLR-V; I am very jealous.

Salt and snow can be washed off; I would go pick it up if the roads are clear enough to drive home (but they may not be in NY).

You might ask them if they can get it to a major city closer to you (and out of the snowy north east) and then fly there?

I finally went after my car. 25 hours on the road, only about 3 in the actual snow. I didn't know so many trucks existed-and every one splashing yuck on my prize::wub: The people were very nice and brought the car to the airport so I could get on the road. It was worth every minute of the drive to get the car home. I saw at least ten vehicles in the ditches! It is sooo fun to drive::yupi3ti::I hope it will warm up enough to give it the scrubbing it deserves soon. A couple pics to

share- post-10730-129273426258_thumb.jpg-post-10730-129273424348_thumb.jpg-and the sad departure that made it happen-post-10730-129273532093_thumb.jpg

Archived