CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Filtering Unwanteds

Regis

Hi Bruce,

I don't suppose there is a feature, that I'm overlooking, that allows me to filter out posts from certain members??? Would be a nice feature to have. That way I wouldn't have to be subjected to scrolling through 20 "junk" posts by the same person.

When I log in all I have to do is click on a members name and select "Block" and POOF his/her posts dissappear. You could even make that a special feature for all paying members for a 2-way incentive. Some members just have poor posting etiquet and feature like this would alleviate bad feelings all around I think.

-kg

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

• 1 year later...

There is a way to do this now.

In "My Controls" you can choose "Manage Ignored Users" which will make any posts by specific users you add there invisible to you.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

• 6 years later...

I've had to do this only once, with a poster who began nearly every message with "you can..." followed by "See how stupid you are?" This guy was banned shortly thereafter, and I rediscovered him only lately when I went to maintain my Ignored Users list and found just him on it.

Of course, I'm probably too tolerant of trolls and newbies who post duplicate messages and piggyback on unrelated threads, etc. I'm also afraid I'll miss out if some newbie discovers our culture here and/or presents an electrical problem on a 1993-1999 Northstar that I can help out with.

I notice that Regis posted the question in 2004, about a month before I joined myself. The forum has changed a lot since then. Does anyone still have to use the Ignored User list?

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived