CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Brake Light Replacement

caddy carla

I just recently bought my car from a gentleman that I work for and am a first time Cadillac owner. And quite frankly, never thought I'd ever sit in one let alone own one. Now I fully understand what all the fuss has been about. It's a 1994 Seville STS and the third brake light that runs across the top of the trunk lid only lights up on the passenger side. I assume its just a burnt out bulb. But I can't find a way to remove the protective covering from the inside of the trunk lid. I'm sure it's an easy fix and I apologize in advance for my ignorance. Everything about this car is in mint condition and I intend to do everything possible to keep it that way. Thank you for any help given.

http://www.ledfix.com

Its a $420 lamp from Cadillac, so dont pry it out. Cadillac did not make the lamp, its made by Stanley Electronics.

Its a sealed unit....so no way to easily replace any bulbs.

I have the the same problem with my '94 Deville. The 3rd brake light inside the car, above the back seat where the speakers are (forget what they call that area...rear deck maybe), the passenger side lights up, but not the driver side. I was told at Pepboys sometime back it was an 1156 bulb I need to replace. They thought the assembly would unbolt from the inside the trunk and I could then replace the bulb while inside the car. Haven't got around to it yet, is that true for my car?

The Deville uses the traditional .99 cent replacement. It should look something like this....

post-3-1096140533.gif

Archived