CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

What is the best product to use on white walls??

My white walls are kind of yellow and wanted to know What is a good cleaner for white walls, that is not expensive?

I normally used BRILLO PADS and warm water.

Another product is WESTLEYS BLEACHE WHITE.

Be careful with the BLEACHE WHITE...it can cause spots on the wheels or hubcaps that are hard to get off.

But I always preferred the BRILLO pads, even if it was a little more work.

The whitewalls will come out SNOW WHITE again.

Posted Image

• 1 month later...

I use Westleys on mine too. Works great, but takes a lot of paint off. I still run the Vogues on my 96 DeVille. They Look great on a Diamond White DeVille. Don't ride good, but they're pretty.. :wub:

Edited by jndnaps

1355177301_Caddy2.thumb.jpg.40dfc05e0861db8b3e74deec4f75cc76.jpg

I will suggest you to use BRILLO pads and I know you may a little more work, If you want an average answer, then I will suggest you for Brillo pads for warm water. I have searched for another product but it does not seem so good for me you may also try WESTLEYS Leache white. Just give a try

What happened was the person no longer was investment the thought that they could not grasp the globe and had substituted the thought that they had the ability to deem thai language school bangkok figure of revolutions.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I have used Westleys for decades. Great stuff, but now that white walls have just about gone the way of the carburetor, is sits on my shelf.

I have used Westleys Bleach White for 30 years. And, it's not just for whitewalls. Really takes the crud off blackwalls too. As for tire dressing, I use Mequier's. It comes with an applicator and the shine lasts for weeks.

Another vote for Bleache White but it is highly corrosive so try to keep it off painted surfaces and rinse the heck out of everywhere it touches.

Chuck

'19 CT6, '04 Bravada........but still lusting for that '69 Z-28

To this day, I will still request white wall tires when replacing them on a luxury car...

If they were available for my car in anything other than Vogue's... I would have whitewalls on it.

I have always liked whitewalls on a Cadillac...but I do not like Vogue tires.

Posted Image

My favorite tires were the Uniroyal Nail Guards which I had to special order with whitewalls in the 16" size for my old Seville. I've had pretty good luck with michelin simatry tires but I have never looked for them with whitewalls.

I am starting to see some tires with a gold ring around them that look kinda sharp. Anyone know anything about those?

Caddy_Grill.jpg2008 DTS

My favorite tires were the Uniroyal Nail Guards which I had to special order with whitewalls in the 16" size for my old Seville. I've had pretty good luck with michelin simatry tires but I have never looked for them with whitewalls.

I am starting to see some tires with a gold ring around them that look kinda sharp. Anyone know anything about those?

The only ones i "KNOW" about with a gold ring are Vogue.

They have a whitewall and a GOLD ring

Posted Image

And you don't like Vogue tires?

Caddy_Grill.jpg2008 DTS

The last couple of sets I had... they had to be rebalanced a lot more than normal, and the tread life wasn't real high.

But part of that might be my driving style.

I drive mine fairly aggressively... probably more so than most Cadillac drivers.

But for looks... I think they are the best looking tire on the market.

Posted Image

My white walls are kind of yellow and wanted to know What is a good cleaner for white walls, that is not expensive?

Be careful with the BLEACHE WHITE...it can cause spots on the wheels or hubcaps that are hard to get off.

If you do get spots on the wheels, what do you recommend to remove them??

If you do get spots on the wheels, what do you recommend to remove them??

A good chrome polish...

I like Meguires

Posted Image

The last couple of sets I had... they had to be rebalanced a lot more than normal, and the tread life wasn't real high.

I drive mine fairly aggressively... probably more so than most Cadillac drivers.

I always found the Michelins to wear like steal.

Caddy_Grill.jpg2008 DTS

I agree about Michelins wearing good.

No telling how many sets of them I have used, down thru the years. :)

My car uses the 18 inch, low profile, 50 series tires.

When I needed new ones last year, the only Michelins in my size that were high speed rated were the PILOT. The reviews on them said they were really noisy, and that was one of the things I was trying to get away from.

The factory Bridgestones were noisy and rode very rough.

I ended up going with Yokohama Advan S4...

The reviews on them were good and they were "V" speed rated.

I have over 15,000 miles on them and am happy with them... so far... :)

Posted Image

When I needed new ones last year, the only Michelins in my size that were high speed rated were the PILOT. The reviews on them said they were really noisy, and that was one of the things I was trying to get away from.

I have 18s on my 07 Impala. I think that I am running 245/45/18 Z rated Falkan tires.They don't wear good at all. I have maybe 12,000 miles on them and the two that were on front have maybe 1/4 of the tread left. No, I don't burn my tires. I rotated them to the back and am hoping to get another 10k out of these but am certainly not impressed.

Caddy_Grill.jpg2008 DTS

I have 18s on my 07 Impala. I think that I am running 245/45/18 Z rated Falkan tires.They don't wear good at all. I have maybe 12,000 miles on them and the two that were on front have maybe 1/4 of the tread left. No, I don't burn my tires. I rotated them to the back and am hoping to get another 10k out of these but am certainly not impressed.

That's what I am talking about... :)

Mine also uses the 245x50x18 size.

I need tires that wear well and give a decent ride.

The Yokohama tires have a 60,000 mile treadwear warranty...and have a decent ride and are pretty quiet, expecially compared to the factory Bridgestones.

The Bridgestones wore pretty well...but were just too noisy and rough riding for me.

On long trips the noise and roughness would kinda get to you after a while.

Posted Image

• 1 year later...

To this day, I will still request white wall tires when replacing them on a luxury car...

X2 on that one just had mine replaced with Goodyears and stripe is on the outside..Now thats class !!

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

The Westley's bleche white, now Black Magic, is even better than it was before. Works great! Just make sure you wet your rims before you use it.

1355177301_Caddy2.thumb.jpg.40dfc05e0861db8b3e74deec4f75cc76.jpg

• 9 months later...

I have Vogues on my DTS. I had a late model E AMG owner mention that I had a sharp looking car. My Vogues were the first white walls since 1985. I didn't think about the open cut wheels and disc brake dust.

My body doesn't bend well so I pay the extra $10 for the whitewall treatment.