CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Cruise control problems

JayAllah

ok 2 things, the fuse is in the underhood fuse panel.

Check to be sure that your parking brake is fully released and that your brake lights work properly.

Does it even attempt to engage? any change in the display?

Pull your IPC codes as there should be a code(s) pertaining to your problem

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 1994 sedan deville that does not engage cruise control. Could someone tell me why might be the problem?

There are 2 switches near the arm of the brake pedal. The bottom switch is the cruise brake/stop lamp switch it is either bad or out of adjustment.

that depends on iff the brake lights work.

Heres a question. When you start the car and the IPC states apply brake pedal to shift, If you press the brake pedal, Does it disapear?

GM FAN FOREVER

• 11 months later...

I have the same problem, cruise control will not engage, i have the car 4 months. it worked for a while a couple of times when i first got it, but it never worked properly. as soon as cruise engaged comes on dash, it goes out right away, and the cruise doesnt actually engage. after this i can no longer get this displayed on dash, unless i pull over and knock off engine. this isnt fun on a 500km journey, and soon gets boring, any information or and estimate on how much it would cost to get fixed would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

sounds like it could be a stalk problem. You say after you engage it the first time it wont reengage (according to the cluster anyway)?

GM FAN FOREVER

Archived