CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

100000+ Northstar miles

Jan Olsson

I just realized today that I've been driving a total of about 105000 miles with two cars with the Northstar engine.

The cars are my previous car (a 1993 STS with about 137000 miles on it when sold ) and my current car (a 2002 STS with about 76000 miles on it).

After I finished school once again (I'll be studying economy for the next 3 years) the next car will be a 2005+ STS with, of course, a Northstar.

Me, my wife, our dog and the STS will celebrate on Saturday with a few WOTs :yupi3ti:

Congratulation, Jan. :) ... :hatsoff:

I put 40,000 on my first DTS.

(the one that burned in my garage fire)

I now have 85,000 on this one for a total of....125,000 NorthStar miles. :yupi3ti:

Ouch! I can't even imagine what a garage fire would feel like :blink:

I better get the mileage up then before it is too late because I'm planning on selling the STS late next year.

The reason is that, being a poor student and all, we'll have to manage with just one car.

Personally I would have kept the STS and put the Jeep up for sale, but it would be a shame to have the STS all blistered and bruised up at the parking lot at the hospital where my wife is working...better let her keep the Jeep and sell the STS to another enthusiast.

Especially since I'm planning to buy a RWD STS as soon as I get my first pay check ;)

How about soon-to-be 200,000 (original owner) miles?

Plus another 25,xxx miles on a '04 DTS that I am happy is no longer in my garage.

post-16-128165113923_thumb.jpg

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

How about soon-to-be 200,000 (original owner) miles?

Plus another 25,xxx miles on a '04 DTS that I am happy is no longer in my garage.

Very good... :hatsoff:

That has been a real good automobile for you. :)

Tell us the story about the '04 DTS....

I, for one, would like to hear it. :)

Posted Image

Nice Jan and Jim!

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

Guess I am a bit behind you with my 60000 or so Northstar miles ;). On the other hand, I can proudly say that even though I have driven all kinds of cars, I have only ever bought and owned Cadillacs (two in total, my old '88 DeVille and my present '97 DeVille, both with some miles on them when I bought them) :). Sad to hear that you will be without a Cadillac for a while, Jan, but on the other hand I guess you will appreciate that RWD STS all the more when you get it. Good luck with the studies!

Jonas

Well, I'm running high in the pile with about 146,000 miles on my ETC.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

I put about 60K miles on my '95 Eldorado before its Viking funeral. When stopped at a traffic light, even at 130K miles, I still had to glance at the tach to be certain the engine was still running. Of my three Eldorados "Baby" was my favorite. And the quickest. I used to grin like the Cheshire Cat every time that thing broke the tires loose shifting second gear.

I added 35K miles to the clock on my '98 Eldorado. The college fellow I sold it to said, "You've spoiled me; I'm a Cadillac man for life!"

The current steed has another 35K miles on it that belong to me.

All told, about 130K Northstar Eldorado miles. It breaks my heart they stopped making Eldorados. :wipetears

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Jan,

Good luck with your studies. I expect they'll be rewriting the text books as you go. :paint2:

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Guess I am a bit behind you with my 60000 or so Northstar miles ;). On the other hand, I can proudly say that even though I have driven all kinds of cars, I have only ever bought and owned Cadillacs (two in total, my old '88 DeVille and my present '97 DeVille, both with some miles on them when I bought them) :). Sad to hear that you will be without a Cadillac for a while, Jan, but on the other hand I guess you will appreciate that RWD STS all the more when you get it. Good luck with the studies!

Jonas

Thanks! I'm excited, and a bit nervous about going back to school. Either way, there will probably be lots of nice girls to rest my eyes on ;)

I used to grin like the Cheshire Cat every time that thing broke the tires loose shifting second gear.

Oh I know that feeling well! :D

All told, about 130K Northstar Eldorado miles. It breaks my heart they stopped making Eldorados. :wipetears

I agree, shame on them..

Jan,

Good luck with your studies. I expect they'll be rewriting the text books as you go. :paint2:

Regards,

Warren

Thanks Warren! I'm just 36 but I'm still twice the age of the other students. I remember when I was about 18. A 35 year old seemed like a relic from the ancient past.

Hopefully the other students aren't as biased as I was :D

It breaks my heart they stopped making Eldorados. :wipetears

I like Bruce's idea from one of his blog posts some time back. Cadillac should make an Eldorado edition of the CTS Coupe. Not quite the same, but it's something. After 50+ years in production, Eldorado is a name that shouldn't just be dropped. It is a very important part of Cadillac heritage and ought to be around in some capacity or another.

No matter where you go, there you are.

I now have 122,500 + miles on my 1997 Eldorado (Z-Rated ETC). My wife's 2006 STS AWD N* has 47,000 + miles on it most put on by her as it's her daily driver. But I'm sure I must have clocked 5,000 or so miles on that car personally. We also had a 2004 SRX AWD N* prior to the STS that we put about 35,000 miles on. Before I bought by 97 Eldorado in December of 1996, I had a 1995 Eldorado ETC that we put around 37,000 on. So that makes 241,500 N* miles for us, nearly a quarter million N* miles in total. Plus, my father had four N* Cadillacs (DeVilles and DTS) over the years that I had driven from time to time. I must say, these are some of the best over the road cars ever built. These Cadillacs were designed to cover long distances at high speeds in great comfort. This is what a luxury car is designed to do and Cadillacs accomplish this in an exemplary fashion.

I now have 122,500 + miles on my 1997 Eldorado (Z-Rated ETC). My wife's 2006 STS AWD N* has 47,000 + miles on it most put on by her as it's her daily driver. But I'm sure I must have clocked 5,000 or so miles on that car personally. We also had a 2004 SRX AWD N* prior to the STS that we put about 35,000 miles on. Before I bought by 97 Eldorado in December of 1996, I had a 1995 Eldorado ETC that we put around 37,000 on. So that makes 241,500 N* miles for us, nearly a quarter million N* miles in total. Plus, my father had four N* Cadillacs (DeVilles and DTS) over the years that I had driven from time to time. I must say, these are some of the best over the road cars ever built. These Cadillacs were designed to cover long distances at high speeds in great comfort. This is what a luxury car is designed to do and Cadillacs accomplish this in an exemplary fashion.

look1-1-1.jpg

I couldn't agree more to your last paragraph

look1-1-1.jpg

I couldn't agree more to your last paragraph

Big part of the reason I drive one. :)

Archived