CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

93 deville exterior light problems

Hey everyone how are you doing im new here ive been having a problem with the lights on my 93 deville with a 4.9 with 106,000 miles on it my problem is when I put my headlights on the left arrow indicator for the turn signal stays on all the time until i put the left turn signal on and I noticed on my right side when i put the headlights on the parking light is on and the bulb next to it always stay on I think thats the turn signal bulb right? But on my left side only the parking light is on and the other bulb is out but like i said when i put the left turn signal on it blinks please help me what could it be?

Thanks Mike

When you use the turn signals...does the left one blink faster than the right one?

If it does...you probably have a bad bulb.

No it's wierd they blink at the same speed just the turn signal bulb stays out when the headlight goes on but blinks when i put the turn signal on and the arrow on the dash stays on only when I put the headlights on.

Thanks Texas Jim

When you use the turn signals...does the left one blink faster than the right one?

No it's wierd they blink at the same speed just the turn signal bulb stays out when the headlight goes on but blinks when i put the turn signal on and the arrow on the dash stays on only when I put the headlights on.

Thanks Texas Jim

I would now check the bulb socket for corrosion and check the grounds going to the socket.

I might also replace the bulb just for the heck of it.

I think that is a dual filament bulb and the parking light filament could be burnt out and one end of it dropped down on the turn signal filament.

That would cause the inside light to stay on, but still allow the turn signal portion of the bulb to work.

Posted Image

Thanks Texas Jim

I would now check the bulb socket for corrosion and check the grounds going to the socket.

I might also replace the bulb just for the heck of it.

I think that is a dual filament bulb and the parking light filament could be burnt out and one end of it dropped down on the turn signal filament.

That would cause the inside light to stay on, but still allow the turn signal portion of the bulb to work.

I changed the turn signal bulb and the parking light bulb yesterday im gonna check the socket and the ground

Archived