CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Someone else was complaining of fuel economy around town earlier but I really don't think that's far off from normal. I find that my '02 STS is far more thirsty around town than my '94. Then again maybe the newer fuel gauges are just more sensitive/accurate than earlier types. I realize that the fuel economy readings are numerically monitored but it's just a thought.

look1-1-1.jpg

Someone else was complaining of fuel economy around town earlier but I really don't think that's far off from normal. I find that my '02 STS is far more thirsty around town than my '94. Then again maybe the newer fuel gauges are just more sensitive/accurate than earlier types. I realize that the fuel economy readings are numerically monitored but it's just a thought.

How long have you had the car?

Assuming you have had the car awhile...when did the mileage drop?

How much idling do you do?

What is the traffic situation where you are driving?

What is your driving "STYLE"?

What part of the country are you in?

Have you tried taking a little trip???

Maybe 100 miles or so and see what it does out on the highway??

I have a 2006 DTS.

I do some stop and go driving...but not a lot.

Most of my driving is on the freeway...but I have "NEVER" gotten that bad of mileage.

The worst I have ever seen on mine is 17...but remember, I do a good bit of freeway driving...that keeps the average up.

I don't know what it would do if I was in stop and go traffic all the time.

If it is still under warranty... I would be camped out at the dealer till they found the problem.

Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...

Archived