CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Can you change door panels on deville

deville92

It is very different. I would love to have a 97+ deville just for the better seats and door panels, also dual zone climate.

Ok the differences in the panels.

The door handle position

the lock lever position.

Different style plug for the power seat adjuster.

96 no airbags, 97+ had airbags.

And I could be wrong but I believe the rear door panels have a slightly different shape than the 96 due to the rear quarter panels being so much lower on the 96.

If you can figure out how to make it work please share

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

I used to be that way - that is looking at the next edition of my model car & wish I can "upgrade" mine. BUT not so on my '96 Deville (as far as styling goes). basically this car has been around since '93 - which from a car styling point is a long time ago. Learn to embrace your cars looks - keep it clean, mechanically sound, and it will keep you happy. I enjoy taking my family out for a drive in my Dinosour.

BTW I have to confess that I did want to add that 4 inch molding onto the bottom of my rear bumper like what was added on the '97-'99 Devilles. I never liked that the mufflers stood out so much on the '93-'96. After realising that that molding was part of the bumper, I just apply a good coat of heat resistant flat black paint to the twins every couple of years & I am happy.

Enjoy your car - For it is what it is.

I didn't realize that they'd changed the Devilles so much interior wise in that time frame.The sevilles from 92-97 only changed slightly but enough for me to change the doorpads (94 STS to the 97) 97's have storage pockets in the door,very handy since it's a minimum in this car. I also changed the front seats(94's heaters/lumbars didn't work) and rear cushion only because I just think that seat's stitching pattern looks better..oh well better stop BABBLIN'

look1-1-1.jpg

Ok for the seats the rear seat bottom will not work as the catches are completely different between 96-97, And as for the front seats the lumbar switch and other switches were moved off of the seats and onto the door panels in 97+.

The seatbelts are also substantially different in 97+, you can see they are a better design. You will have to change the latches over, which is not difficult but worth it??? Otherwise the front seats should bolt right up

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

I didn't realize that they'd changed the Devilles so much interior wise in that time frame.The sevilles from 92-97 only changed slightly but enough for me to change the doorpads (94 STS to the 97) 97's have storage pockets in the door,very handy since it's a minimum in this car. I also changed the front seats(94's heaters/lumbars didn't work) and rear cushion only because I just think that seat's stitching pattern looks better..oh well better stop BABBLIN'

seriously?!?! i'd love to gain door bins! there is NO storage space in that car! not that I store a lot, but it'd be nice to be able to keep empty coffee mugs somewhere other than the rear seat pockets (since the cup holders are a joke).

I used to be that way - that is looking at the next edition of my model car & wish I can "upgrade" mine. BUT not so on my '96 Deville (as far as styling goes). basically this car has been around since '93 - which from a car styling point is a long time ago. Learn to embrace your cars looks - keep it clean, mechanically sound, and it will keep you happy. I enjoy taking my family out for a drive in my Dinosour.

BTW I have to confess that I did want to add that 4 inch molding onto the bottom of my rear bumper like what was added on the '97-'99 Devilles. I never liked that the mufflers stood out so much on the '93-'96. After realising that that molding was part of the bumper, I just apply a good coat of heat resistant flat black paint to the twins every couple of years & I am happy.

Enjoy your car - For it is what it is.

agreed. I think the interior of my 94 STS is a bit dated, but I like the body style better than the newer ones. i think it's more aggressive and sharp looking, and I especially prefer the overall back end treatment.

No matter where you go, there you are.

Archived