CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Loose steering rack unit!

Hello people!

I was in for the annual car check this morning and they found that the steering rack unit was abit loose...the bolt that goes through the frame moved it self!

I couldnt see what kind of bolt it was, it looked like a square head on the bolt from below?? If i have luck its only to tighten up from below...otherwise i have to replace it!

Anyone know if its a regular bolt or different? If i need to replace it..is it much job to gain access to the bolt head on top of the steering rack?

Regards Roger

Roger Martinsen

Hello people!

I was in for the annual car check this morning and they found that the steering rack unit was abit loose...the bolt that goes through the frame moved it self!

I couldnt see what kind of bolt it was, it looked like a square head on the bolt from below?? If i have luck its only to tighten up from below...otherwise i have to replace it!

Anyone know if its a regular bolt or different? If i need to replace it..is it much job to gain access to the bolt head on top of the steering rack?

Regards Roger

who does inspection? no license without passing inspection? the rack design is nothing new. almost all racks bolt to frame thru bushings. are your bushings worn?

Hi Joeb! Its Svensk Bilprovning AB! An organisation put to together by the swedish goverment....its a lottery every year what they decides what wrong with your car! But if the rack uses bushings then it must be ok...i will check it out!

Roger Martinsen

Archived