CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

STS Radio Theftlock

gkryko

I just replaced the "body control module" on my '98 STS - Now the radio is inoperable as "THEFTLOCK" is written across it...

Any Suggestions?...

The PCM and most other modules in your car are encoded with the VIN of the vehicle. Your new PCM must be reprogrammed with your VIN. Then it needs to be programmed for the options on your car. Other than a dealer or someone with a service capability approaching that of the dealers' Tech II, I don't know how to program the PCM for a new VIN. You can program the options yourself through the HVAC controls but it's not an exercise for the faint-hearted.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

The PCM and most other modules in your car are encoded with the VIN of the vehicle. Your new PCM must be reprogrammed with your VIN. Then it needs to be programmed for the options on your car. Other than a dealer or someone with a service capability approaching that of the dealers' Tech II, I don't know how to program the PCM for a new VIN. You can program the options yourself through the HVAC controls but it's not an exercise for the faint-hearted.

Thanks man - I figured I'd have to see a dealer, but was hoping for a way to reprogram the vin without the dealer / tech II , etc...

appreciate it.

Programming the VIN into the PCM gets into vehicle security and anti-theft, and as such isn't likely to ever be released to the general public. In fact, even at the dealer, only Tech II operators that have signed up for confidentiality and are bonded are likely to know how to do that. You may have to make an appointment for a date when one of them is in town.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

GK............Try this procedure:

Theftloc Bypass

1. Press and hold presets 2 & 3 for about 10 seconds until the first 3 digits of the display code are displayed

2. Write the numbers down.

3. Press the AM FM button, write down the next 3 numbers

4. Call 1-800-537-5140, when asked, enter 139010*, when asked enter the 4 or 6 digit code (obtained from Steps 1-3) from the radio and an *, for example using my code, 702712*, you will get an unlock code, write it down.

5. Go back to the car, press the HR button and set the first 2 numbers, then press minute button and set the next two last numbers, press AM FM button, SEC should be displayed, turn on radio

To remove customers code, repeat step 5. you should see --- on radio face, the code is now out of the radio.

This only works on certain models of Delco radios. If it don't for yours I guess its

off to visit with the dealer and Tech2....

93 DeVille-13 Chevy Impala

72 GTO - 77 Triumph Bonneville

84 Z-28

Syracuse NY

• 3 weeks later...

GK............Try this procedure:

Theftloc Bypass

1. Press and hold presets 2 & 3 for about 10 seconds until the first 3 digits of the display code are displayed

2. Write the numbers down.

3. Press the AM FM button, write down the next 3 numbers

4. Call 1-800-537-5140, when asked, enter 139010*, when asked enter the 4 or 6 digit code (obtained from Steps 1-3) from the radio and an *, for example using my code, 702712*, you will get an unlock code, write it down.

5. Go back to the car, press the HR button and set the first 2 numbers, then press minute button and set the next two last numbers, press AM FM button, SEC should be displayed, turn on radio

To remove customers code, repeat step 5. you should see --- on radio face, the code is now out of the radio.

This only works on certain models of Delco radios. If it don't for yours I guess its

off to visit with the dealer and Tech2....

Archived