CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

1997 ETC, Dark Cherry

I recently had some old cosmetic issues taken care of in my daily driver. Here is a snapshot I took today in a parking lot, with a cameo of me with my Caddyinfo cap.

Jim_Cameo_with_Caddilac.jpg

Some areas were painted to resolve an old issue with tree sap on the top and trunk lid, so I need to wait a month to complete the work with polishing and waxing. I'll have another photo then, with a nicer setting like a park.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Actually, I like the car better. Perhaps I can find a model that makes the hat look better. Maybe the next time the North Jersey and NYC crowd meet at a North Jersey Hooters, I can ask someone to pose in the hat...

-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data

Jim, your car is gorgeous!

The deep maroon paint and polished chrome rims is a great colour combination.

Definitely a modern classic, you should be very proud of her!

1989 FWD Fleetwood, Silver

1995 STS Crimson Pearl on Black leather

1997 STS Diamond White

1999 STS Crimson Pearl

2001 STS Silver

2003 STS, Crimson Pearl

I've very proud of my car, thank you. I'll complete the detailing in a few weeks and do another shot that shows off the finest points and the finish. This snapshot in Post One has the subtle effect of showing class in the midst of a bunch of cars ten years newer. I can't do much about the ten-year-old license plate other than Photoshop it out, but that touch adds an accent to the enduring elan of the Eldorado, so I think I'll let it stay. Other than the usual contrast/brightness/color balance and the addition of the cameo to feature the Caddyinfo hat, the photo is completely un-retouched.

I'm thinking that I could get a better model for the hat. Bruce wanted the Caddyinfo Supporter featured in the hat, though, so I may let that go, too. I may pick a background for the cameo that blends in better, like neutral gray -- or Dark Cherry.

Archived