CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

93 caddie saville

bigboy

HI

i have just started driving my caddie about a month ago when i got it is was leaking coolint iv been driving the car as is since then and i always put water in it before i go any where its only got up to 250 1 time on a long drive im sure that i will need a new rad but what should i do untill then i have to use the car. any hint's? also does anyone know where to get a rad at a good price thanks for you time.

Don't just assume it's the radiator. Before you start throwing parts at it, get a block test kit from Napa or rent one from AutoZone or any parts store that has a rental program and test for exhaust gases in the coolant. Without spending any money you can check the purge line for flow, the surge tank cap to be sure it holds pressure, the water pump belt tensioner to be sure it is providing enough tension to the belt. Also don't add "water". Add a 50/50 mixture of Dex-Cool and distilled water.

Don't just assume it's the radiator. Before you start throwing parts at it, get a block test kit from Napa or rent one from AutoZone or any parts store that has a rental program and test for exhaust gases in the coolant. Without spending any money you can check the purge line for flow, the surge tank cap to be sure it holds pressure, the water pump belt tensioner to be sure it is providing enough tension to the belt. Also don't add "water". Add a 50/50 mixture of Dex-Cool and distilled water.

why not just water? im really sure its the radiator i can see where the water leeks down the side but i will take it to auto zone. would it help if i had auto zone use OBD ( what ever that is ) to read the codes? cabt hurt right i really like the car i hate that its not tip top thanks

Water has a boiling point of 212 degrees F. A 50/50 mix of Dexcool/water has a boiling point of 265 degrees F at 15 psi.

Because the cooling system operates at temperatures above the boiling point of water you need to add a 50/50 mix of Dexcool and water. Otherwise local boiling of the water in the system can cause issues.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Well, if you see it leaking, that's another story.

Coolant has lubricants for the water pump and anti corrosion additives in it. Water does not.

Water has a boiling point of 212 degrees F. A 50/50 mix of Dexcool/water has a boiling point of 265 degrees F at 15 psi.

Because the cooling system operates at temperatures above the boiling point of water you need to add a 50/50 mix of Dexcool and water. Otherwise local boiling of the water in the system can cause issues.

i just this car and i really like it but it is sick when i pump gas it will leak and it does not take long at all to get a lot on the ground also the rad is probly the bigest thing wrong right now and it has sort of a low rpm studer ill be crusing along and the car with shift down then almost like its shifted to far down drops to about 1ooo rpm and bucks but not hard at all its suttle also anywhere that i can get free skimatics on well the hole car if anyone knows where to down load them thanks all for the help and for your time my car will sertinly thank you!!

Archived