CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Hi All,This is my first post here I look forward to adventurist experience on this forum and with my deville. I recently purchased 1999 Deville base with 146k on it. It was 1 owner no accidents engine, Tranny work very smoothly car had all maintanance done on it till about 80k after that the owner did not do anything to it accept brakes and oil. So now i will be putting in about 500 to 1k into the car just wanted to get some advise on what should be priority to do. I enjoy working on cars myself but its out of the question for next half a year all work will be done by mechanic. Issues:

1.the famous abs traction lights and grinding noise comes on I read up in this here and other places and thinking of doing this myself next year.

2.rear spindles both bushing are gone, my option are get new bushing they sell on ebay for 100 or get 2 spindles from junk for 150 but dont know how long will they last.

3.stabilizer links loose

4.serious pull to the right probably the loose links along with worn out front tires and the rear knuckles.

5. rack and pinion is loose there are 2 bolts that are loose that hold r&p to the chasis and they look like they were welded I iwll try to tighten them see what happens but car makes a clicking pop noise when doing slow turns or turning while not moving, should i weld those bolts or try to screw did anyone have similar problem wit the r&p?

6.car makes anoying pop or thump sound when it is parked and you press on the brakes. anyone had this issue

7.sits alittle low in rear how can i check air suspension thoroughly.

Look forward to your feedbacks

Al from NY

Hi All,This is my first post here I look forward to adventurist experience on this forum and with my deville. I recently purchased 1999 Deville base with 146k on it. It was 1 owner no accidents engine, Tranny work very smoothly car had all maintanance done on it till about 80k after that the owner did not do anything to it accept brakes and oil. So now i will be putting in about 500 to 1k into the car just wanted to get some advise on what should be priority to do. I enjoy working on cars myself but its out of the question for next half a year all work will be done by mechanic. Issues:

1.the famous abs traction lights and grinding noise comes on I read up in this here and other places and thinking of doing this myself next year.

2.rear spindles both bushing are gone, my option are get new bushing they sell on ebay for 100 or get 2 spindles from junk for 150 but dont know how long will they last.

3.stabilizer links loose

4.serious pull to the right probably the loose links along with worn out front tires and the rear knuckles.

5. rack and pinion is loose there are 2 bolts that are loose that hold r&p to the chasis and they look like they were welded I iwll try to tighten them see what happens but car makes a clicking pop noise when doing slow turns or turning while not moving, should i weld those bolts or try to screw did anyone have similar problem wit the r&p?

6.car makes anoying pop or thump sound when it is parked and you press on the brakes. anyone had this issue

7.sits alittle low in rear how can i check air suspension thoroughly.

Look forward to your feedbacks

Al from NY

1. Simultaneously press and hold the OFF and WARMER or OFF and PASSENGER WARMER buttons on the climate control panel and write down the codes that appear on the information center. That will profive a clue to what's going on with the ABS system.

2. Forget the ebay bushings - Moog now has bushing (cross axial ball joints) as well as Dorman. Napa, Advance, etc. sell them as a set for each side for $50.00 or so.

3. Stabilizer links are available at any parts store. The old ones can be tough to remove but an oxy-acetylene torch makes the job go much easier.

4. Worn rear knuckles will make the car handle very squirrely. You need to get that fixed before evaluating additional alignments/repairs to the suspension. I wouldn't bother with junkyard knuckles - all of them will be bad. Those that are not were sold years ago.

5. Not sure what's gong on here - see if you can tighten them - if they are stripped, you'll need to insert the holes with a threaded insert.

6. Not sure what's going on here.

7. Check the fuse to the level control compressor. Turn the ignition to ON and sit on the rear bumper. Can you hear the compressor run? If not, the sensor could be bad or the compressor relay. If you can hear the compressor run but the car doesn't raise, check the air lines from the compressor to the rear shocks for chafing and/or leaks with soapy water.

The most important thing to do is to change the coolant.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

history

rfa u1000

sdm b1327

tcs c1224 tcs c1225 tcs c1226 tcs c1234 tcs c1235

current

pcm p0741

I will look into the bushing will any parts store have them? my friend brought me 2 spindles from a 97 deville they look intact but a little bent but they dont have any play in the knuckle but im reluctant to put them in if i can get those sets from moog

when i sit on bumper i dont hear anything working so I will check fuse im guessing something having to do with compressor or relays as you suggest I see no leaks on the shocks

Also my battery volts are 13.5 is this ok? and Im starting to hear a click after the car starts and it goes away as soon as it starts is this a sign of alternator failure I will run tests on alternator and battery again this week.

Thanks for advise

Archived