CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

How well does a five-year-old Escalade hold up?

This is kind of interesting/odd. This site reviews used cars to see how they hold up from "real ownership". The latest is a 2005 Escalade:

For those who need to use an SUV for real reasons such as carrying kids, towing a boat or moving heavy equipment, it is hard for us to justify laying out at least $60,000 for a new Cadillac Escalade...We chose this 2005 Cadillac Escalade for our Real World Test vehicle because it may have just eased our reservations about this large luxury SUV. Our Escalade sells for less than a quarter then when new. If we spent this kind of money on a car, we’d feel a lot better about leaving this car at a job site or filling all three rows with sticky-fingered kids. A five-year-old Escalade is still a status symbol, but when purchased at the right price, its functionality can finally live up to its size.

REVIEW: http://www.motobullet.com/news.php?id=10217

I like the idea of doing used car reviews, to visit what one would get in a particular model. I agree the Escalade should give good service, and be fairly easy to maintain.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Hello,

I own a 2005 Escalade which I purchased new in Oct. 2004 . I have almost 70,000 on it and I am proud to say that it is the best car I have ever owned! I have owned LOTS of cars!!! In the 5 1/2 years that I have had it the only thing I have ever done to it is change the fluids and tires. The brakes are still the original factory ( just had an inspection and mechanic said I have another 50,000 left on them ). I have never heard of brakes lasting that long, but it works for me! The car is reliable, super comfortable, a pleasure to drive, and I just love it. It has been garage kept and it gets washed every week, clayed & waxed (Meguires NXT) every 6 months, and properly maintained with Amsoil Synthetic oil and filter.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

TCB

• 4 years later...

I maybe 5 years late to this party but I just bought an Escalade EXT 4 months ago with 150K miles. It runs good, smooth and almost everything works well. I am most impressed that it does not leak a drop ( I hate a leaker). I am looking into adjust the Parking Brake (maybe someone can explain how to do that). The Windshield Washer Tank leaks if I fill it all the way up but, other than those two things I love it. I almost like it better than my 2013 Hybrid Esc. While the mileage is not as good on the '05, it does alright.

• 5 months later...

BLeyland,

I really want to read your REVIEW, however, I cannot get the computer nor the phone to open the link. The message is link not found. Can you tell me where to find this or how to open it?

Thanks,

Ohio Jim

Archived