CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

?? 93 STS front license plate holder??

jims93sts

Hello all , can anyone tell me if there is a "plug" of some sort that replaces the 2 holes in a 93 STS bumper where the holder of the plate goes??? I called my local Caddy dealer and they didn't know ,but were going to check on it ,but I figured I'd get a faster reply from the group.

I'm not sure what you are asking.. i have some license plate screws in mine. Here's a pic -- you know you like that Cadillac emblem in the reflection ;) that wasnt an accident.

It's a 1993 STS also. I think i know what you mean now, not aware of any though.

post-3-1091657675.jpg

Yes, those are the holes I'm refering to. I want to see if there is a plastic type of plug or grommet that goes in place of the license plate screws. Thanks

Yes, those are the holes I'm refering to. I want to see if there is a plastic type of plug or grommet that goes in place of the license plate screws. Thanks

Here's an idea Jim. Get yourself a couple white plastic push tabs and use some touch-up paint to match the color. Now if your car is white or black then you can skip the paint. When i say plastic push tabs i mean those tabs that hold your side liner/ carpet up in your trunk. It'll look real smooth.

-kg

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

The nose was virgin when it arrived at the Cadillac dealer when new, and the local dealer is the culprit who drilled those holes, and mounted the license plate holder that was shipped in the trunk. While this is understandable in states with front license plates, it isn't acceptable to me in Florida, where the dealers only rape the nose of the car to mount the bracket, so they can stick in their cheap plastic advertising on it. It is a practice most all dealers here do, that I abhor. Incredibly, my gf's '94 Seville (nee SLS) still has a virgin nose in Black.

Fill with the plugs and touch-up, as previously disussed.

cheers,

~Doc

Thanks to those that replied to my post. I intend to proably 'fill in the holes "when I get the car touched up ,but for right now I'm going to try the plugs and see how they look. Although my state requires 2 plates ,I don't drive the car unless its nice weather and its never seen snow or salt and never will. I may drive the car 6-8 k a year ,thats it.......Again ,thanks to all who took the time to reply. One last question, do any of you know how much the front license plate holder costs? I didn't bother to check with the Local Caddy Dealer ,to afraid of sticker shock...:) Enjoy the rest of the summer guys!!!!

Archived