CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

dirty concrete, cleaning tips?

lothos

I assisted my friend replacing my brother's clutch on his 02 Hyundai. Needless to say we got some gear oil and stuff on the garage concrete floor.

Tried some kitty litter and some floor dry stuff but there's still a stain. I understand that concrete is porous and sucks up stuff spilled on it, but is there anything I can do to try to lift the stains?

We tried dish soap, water, and a scrub brush and it seems to have made it lighter but not removed it.

Has anyone tried eXIMO? Or are there other methods for removing mostly oil stains?

Thanks guys!

WARNING: I'm a total car newbie, don't be surprised if I ask a stupid question! Just trying to learn.

Cheers!

5% discount code at RockAuto.com - click here for your discount!

For grease stains...the kitty litter should be left on there TWO OR THREE DAYS.

Then sweep or vacuum it up.

After that, if there are any stains left, you can put regular household bleach on them... let set for 15 minutes or so, then scrub it with soap and water.

I am NOT recommending to use Muriatic Acid...but as a last resort, I have used it in the past.

It is a strong acid.

If you decide to use it...BE SURE to wear gloves and eye protection.

If you have "ALREADY USED BLEACH" ... DO NOT USE THE MURITAC ACID.

It will react with the bleach and form a really bad, choking gas.

And I do mean "BAD"

Don't ask how I found "THAT" out. :D

Posted Image

x1000 on the carb cleaner or brake cleaner. takes 2 seconds and little patience

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

Any chlorinated degreaser/cleaner should disovle the stain, allow it to penetrate and wipe with clean rag. The newer enviro friendly non-chlorinated sprays don't seem to break the grease up as well. Don't use cholrinated sprays if you have painted/epoxied cement - as you'll remove them as well.

I assisted my friend replacing my brother's clutch on his 02 Hyundai. Needless to say we got some gear oil and stuff on the garage concrete floor.

Tried some kitty litter and some floor dry stuff but there's still a stain. I understand that concrete is porous and sucks up stuff spilled on it, but is there anything I can do to try to lift the stains?

We tried dish soap, water, and a scrub brush and it seems to have made it lighter but not removed it.

Has anyone tried eXIMO? Or are there other methods for removing mostly oil stains?

Thanks guys!

I have aweful stains from every type of fluid a car takes. I decided to try the chain auto part stores gallon jug of concrete floor/garage cleaner. Dont recall the name brand but it was 5 or 6 bucks. It says to pour it on, let sit over night and wash away. Use some scrubbing while washing away if needed. Its weird because it dries on, but it says its still working deep down even tho it looks dry. Well this stuff works very very well for new stains. The deep deep down stuff not so much. The driveway is more porous and clears everything off that but the deep down stains in the smoother garage floor it doesnt work on.

I dont think theres a miracle cleaner to get EVERYTHING up. Besides acid that basically eats away at the concrete and gets down to another layer of concrete so it looks new. Hydrochloric acid does this/ toilet bowl cleaner / the works. This will leave "new" looking concrete.

* 1966 Deville Convertible

* 2007 Escalade ESV Black on Black

* 1996 Fleetwood Brougham Black on Black V4P -Gone
* 1983 Coupe Deville Street/Show Lowrider -Gone

* 1970 Calais 4dr Hardtop GONE
* 2000 Deville DTS - Silver with Black Leather and SE grille GONE
* 1999 Seville STS - Pearl Red GONE

As soon as oil drops I pour sand on the spot and tamp it in, let it sit for a day, oil dry also is good

I have used concrete cleaner with a 3000 psi pressure washer also and that seems to work. Stains also seem to go away over time also

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

Archived