CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Cadillac DTS and Seville reliability

So, how have these cars been doing lately?

Our reliability stats for the DTS now include owner experiences through March 31, 2015. (Others are nearly a year behind.) In terms of repair trips per 100 cars per year:

2006 DTS: 139, high, very small sample size

Next updates in August and in November. Additional participants badly needed for these cars.

For repair descriptions, the stats for other cars, and to sign up to help improve this information:

• 2 months later...

Our reliability stats for the DTS now cover the year ending June 30, 2015. (Others are over a year behind, and so report how these cars were doing when a year younger.) Repair trips per 100 cars:

2006 DTS: 111, high, very small sample size

With more participants we could provide more precise stats and cover more model years.

For the descriptions of all reported repairs, results for other models, and to sign up to help improve this information:

• 3 months later...
We've updated our reliability stats for the DTS to include owner experiences through September 30, 2015. Repair frequencies, in terms of repair trips per 100 cars per year:

2006 DTS: 123, high, very small sample size

To see how competitors compare, and to sign up to help improve this information:

Very interesting information you have been compiling Michael. I found the information on the DTS repairs to be surprising, but then I look at the mileage most of the time and its not too surprising, I need to run a few comparisons with say Mercedes and BMW.

It was surprising to see so many major jobs needed below 100K miles, and I wonder if its not the dealer fixing stuff and just charging it back to corporate under warranty. I have seen people I know exaggerate problems right before a car comes off warranty because they intended to keep it. A drip of oil creates a case half seal job. I realize that the powertrain is warranteed but I have seen dealers exaggerate and hurt the manufacturers reputation to create a source of work. My 96 dripped oil, no smoke but I wasn't running out to do a case half seal, some things you can live with. Maybe its time to change the type of oil, etc. Personally I think that big jobs like that are fraught with "the car never being the same" after major surgery not unlike knee surgery and owners should be dissuaded from having this type of work done unless it is serious. No where did I see, yes, I had a case half leak, but the dealer put in a seal conditioner for HIGH MILEAGE engines and it stopped, nope, prep the patient and hand me the scalpel there is money to be made and reputations to destroy. You can see the anger of some of the owners, and one that even had 2 back to back to repairs and traded it in, I question, the "we are going to milk you, as the miles add up so we can offer you a stellar deal and you trade it in mentality". Then just TRY to go buy that car used!, PERFECT GM CERTIFIED! I don't find dealers to be the most ethical places of business. Thanks, Mike

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

You can join and provide stats.

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

• 2 months later...
We've updated our reliability stats for the DTS to include owner experiences through the end of 2015, about eight months ahead of other sources. In terms of repair trips per 100 cars per year--lower is better:

2006 DTS: 90, moderate, very small sample size

For the repairs behind these stats, reliability information on other models, and to sign up to help improve this information--more participants are needed to properly cover these cars:

• 3 months later...
We've updated our reliability stats for the DTS to include owner experiences through March 31, 2016, making them nearly a year ahead of other sources.

Repair frequencies, in terms of repair trips per 100 cars per year:

2006 DTS: 59, moderate, very small sample size

For a deeper dive, including the stats for other cars and repair descriptions, and to sign up to help improve this information:

• 2 months later...

We've updated our reliability stats for the DTS to include owner experiences through June 30, 2016. Repair frequencies, in terms of repair trips per 100 cars per year: 

2006 DTS: 98, moderate, very small sample size

For the repairs behind these stats, reliability information on other models, and to sign up to help improve this information: 

Cadillac DTS reliability ratings and comparisons

• 4 months later...

We've updated our reliability stats for the DTS to include owner experiences through September 30, 2016. In terms of repair trips per 100 cars per year (lower is better): 

2006 DTS: 81, moderate, very small sample size

For the repairs behind these stats, reliability information on other models, and to sign up to help improve this information: 

Cadillac DTS reliability ratings and comparisons

Archived