CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

My Deville has 214,000 miles, but looks like new inside and out. I am the second owner and am interested in knowing if anyone has knowledge of how many miles these engines will last. I have heard of 500,000 miles or more but can't comment on credibility of source.If anyone has firsthand knowledge, please let me know. I want to keep this car forever!

There have been members of this board who have had 300,000+ miles on the odometer. You might need to re-ring the engine between 250,000 and 300,000 but then it will last another 250-300,000 miles.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

I heard a story from an old ex-GM employee years ago about the original STS (1993???) that 4 GM test pilots or techs or execs or whatever were given one to pound the living crap out of. Within a certain time frame and regular oil changes/maintenance etc. and I believe it reached 1,000,000kms b4 total failure. If there's any truth to that story, that was one hell of a good reason to launch Northstar powered STS

look1-1-1.jpg

Mike, you're engine's got a 50/50 chance at long life.. however regular proper maint, can and will help. I'm crowding 172000 miles and so far so good running strong

look1-1-1.jpg

Archived