CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Jobs...

JasonA

Im a toilet bowl cleaner.The world revolves around toilets.Think about it ,with out em cleaned you all couldnt go to your important jobs.You would be all backed up,you just could not work.lol B) Its a dirty job but i have to do it! My sts makes me feel  like a ROYAL flush . thank you for your attn.

Is it CW or CCW? I've always wanted to know.

Regards,

Warren

Just my two $hits & giggles. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ahaaa

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Door hit you then . . . ?

Posted Image

Electrical engineer - design microprocessor based equipment and write the programs in assembler. Product shown on website "scadasystems.com". Special attraction to Cadis because of the magnificent engineering. Have owned 3 DeVilles and 2 STS's. Current STS is white-diamond '01 with spors package. Love driving that car.

Product shown on website "scadasystems.com".

Cool -- we have a SCADA system on Fort Bragg...it's in a rather rudimentary phase, but it's slowly being built nonetheless. :)

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

I'm an architect in Ventura County, Southern California. I've done offices, banks, fast food, some airport facilities, but like residential (both single and multi family) best.

At 60, I'm studying to be a screen actor. I have no plans to retire - instead, I want to work into a whole new (and very different) career.

photo-36.jpg

Happiness is owning a Cadillac with no codes.

JACK OF ALL TRADES; MASTER OF NONE.

RETIRED US AIR FORCE 1974 ( Air Defense Radar). RETIRED US POSTAL SERVICE (RURAL CARRIER) 2000. RETIRED. 2002.

LOVE RETIREMENT. Now I spend lots of time working on my hobbies of Small Engine Repair and Electrical Repair when I am not riding my Honda Shadow ACE Tourier. Our 1991 Seville was bought for my wife (but I enjoy driving it) and it only has 48000 miles. I have a 2000 Subaru Outback Wagon which runs on 87 octane (good mileage and very easy to maintain).

Thanks to all for information I have received on this site. Helped me fix a few minor problems I had with the Seville.

Also thought this thread was good. Hard to believe we have so much diversity from so many locals.

post-3-1088542786.ibf

ME & EE type in the machine tool industry. Do systems integration of hydraulics and electronics, electro-hydraulics, for test stands, glass presses and anywhere they need to control brute force with a soft touch.....

Work on cars and crew for a offshore SuperCat race team for fun, if you can call that fun at times.

Dennis

I'm an architect in Ventura County, Southern California. I've done offices, banks, fast food, some airport facilities, but like residential (both single and multi family) best.

At 60, I'm studying to be a screen actor. I have no plans to retire - instead, I want to work into a whole new (and very different) career.

I would LOVE to do acting. In real life, I act quite often to the point where people NEVER know if it's "live or if it's memorex" so to speak. I fool people all the time to the point of making some feel uncomfortable. People who REALLY know me, just take me the way I am and usually get to see the "real" me.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Sr. Plastics Engineer here. I design, manufacture and solve quality issues on electrical connectors used in the automotive industry, appliance industry and computer industry for the worlds largest electrical and electronic connector company. If you drive a car, have appliances in your home or own a computer, then you have connectors that I have worked on in your posession.

I'm the Clubhouse Manager at Fort Lauderdale Country Club, check our site out: www.fortlauderdalecc.com . I am responsable for Food and Beverage operations, Member Functions, Outside Banquet Sales, F & B for all Golf Tournaments, and basically anything that involves the clubhouse.

Anyone play golf?

Wow you live pretty close to where I am. My dad and his Co-Workers used to go every monday to your place and just about every other course in Broward County but you know how those things go :rolleyes: anyway were thinkin of starting Golf again.........you guys giving BSO discounts again???? B)

Production Manager at a Plastic COLOR Concentrate Extrusion Company... In a nutshell, we do not make plastic, we make it prettier!

24 years old and will own a cadi forever

Interesting........while im only a straight A HighSchool kid I work on the side in the "Family" business. We have been in business for over 30 years and we go by the name of "IntroTec". Im also in the process of starting up a webpage to become more active in the business.

Dont know if your Extrusion Company has ever heard of us but we sell "Coratex" an extrusion/emulsion fluid for the machines during the color changeover.

This thread is great, you really get to know what others do and just how important and "smart" Cadillac owners are.......were not just the old "no-lives" that people potray us as. :D

soon to be college student, thinking either electronics engineering or computer science for a major, considering GM certified technican also.

I'd like to rebuild my cadillac from the ground up, maybe ditch all the computers and integrate a U1 rack mount server to take its place.. running linux, wireless access to tweak the parameters.. stuff like that

CFP. Certified Financial Planner for the last 14 years. Prior to that I was a logger. Ran heavy equipment, set beads and was a bucker for the last 3 or 4 years. Turned 30 and realized all my freinds were getting killed in the work place and it was hard on the body. Went back to school and got my CFP and now work as an independant. (self employed).Currently enrolled in the CFA program and also looking into a MBA in international finance. Golf is my hobby. 3-4 times a week. Life is large. Do all you can before it's over.

2001 STS Mettalic Otter Grey, Black Leather, 213,000 kilometers - miles - ? Still running strong!

Does anybody on this site actually FIX these things for a living? It is a testament to your love for the venerable Caddy's, manicured hands and all, because you really seem to provide good opinions to the group!

I happen to "fix" them for a living. At least for the last 3 years. I started in the trade in 77, right after high school. I started my apprenticeship in a GM dealership and other then a 4 year stint in a Chrysler dealership, I've always worked on GM vehicles. It's only in the last 3 years that I've gotten some experience with the Caddies. Most tech's do not particularly enjoy working on Cadillacs. They are all just cars to me.

I live in Calgary, Alberta. Just celebrated my 22 wedding anniversary. Have two great kids, 20 and 21 (two boys). And I'm 44 years young.

Interesting to hear from some of the VietNam vets. I grew up overseas in the Philippines during the time of the war. My parents were missionaries, and I grew up with some kids who lost their father in Vietnam. He wasn't military, but a missionary and was captured and died during captivity. I wrestled in high school and we competed against the high schools from Clark and Subic. We always had a great time on the bases, as it was a small piece of the "States" when you drove through the gates. I also remember the rows of F4 Phantoms lining the runways.

We also lived in the hills surrounding Manila during my high school years. We would often explore and find all sorts of WW2 items left over from the Japanese occupation. It was a good life, full of lots of great memories.

Even though I'm Canadian, a big thank you to all the guys that risked their lives in other countries. And a happy 4th of July to all you Americans!

Ian

I hit it big (long story, don't ask) and I retired at age 45. Dabble in the stock market, buy and sell luxury cars for fun. B)

Typhoon

2001 STS with NAV

1994 BMW 850Ci

1993 GMC Typhoon

1988 Fiero waiting for a Northstar

1988 Toyota Supra Turbo "slightly" modified

THis is an interesting thread :)

I am just going off to university to take mechanical engineering in September. Right now, I pay for gas with money from my job as a Coffee mixing expert at Tim Hortons! :D

I absolutely LOVE a great cup of coffee. My favorite bean is Kenya AA. Strong, with a fruity aroma. Simply awesome.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

I'm a Tool & Die maker. The first 20 years in N. E. Ohio making bunches of car parts, currently in Fl making windows and doors, and recovering from spine surgery. Too many years of flipping die shoes, ya know ?

Bob

I started my career as a tool & die maker for an aircraft engine company where I worked for 8 years. I then became a production manager at Smith & Wesson responsible for the manufacturing of the automatic pistols from forgings to a finished product. I was later promoted to Quality Assurance Manager and stayed with the company for 21 years. I got tired of the long cold winters and decided to move to South Carolina. In South Carolina, I spent the next 9 years as an owner/operator of 3 quick lube stores. I am now a Regional Manager in South Carolina for Jiffy Lube. I have responsibility for 17 stores. We have serviced a lot of Cadillacs in the six years that I have been with Jiffy lube.

During my early years, I obtained a BS degree in Management with a heavy concentration in computer information systems and accounting.

My hobby is drag racing. I currently race my 95 Cadillac Seville at least twice a month. I have 227,000 miles it is still going strong.

This has been a very interesting thread.

Bernie

I started my career as a tool & die maker for an aircraft engine company where I worked for 8 years. I then became a production manager at Smith & Wesson responsible for the manufacturing of the automatic pistols from forgings to a finished product. I was later promoted to Quality Assurance Manager and stayed with the company for 21 years. I got tired of the long cold winters and decided to move to South Carolina. In South Carolina, I spent the next 9 years as an owner/operator of 3 quick lube stores. I am now a Regional Manager in South Carolina for Jiffy Lube. I have responsibility for 17 stores. We have serviced a lot of Cadillacs in the six years that I have been with Jiffy lube.

During my early years, I obtained a BS degree in Management with a heavy concentration in computer information systems and accounting.

My hobby is drag racing. I currently race my 95 Cadillac Seville at least twice a month. I have 227,000 miles it is still going strong.

This has been a very interesting thread.

Bernie

Cool -- what kind of times do you get from your '95? Is it stock or modified?

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

In the 1/8 mile, I am running 9.5 ET @ 78 MPH. The last time that I ran the 1/4 mile, I ran 14.7 @ 96 MPH. I did not have my drag radials on for the 1/4 run. I have a K&N Panel filter with 2-1/2" pipes feeding into and out of Dyno Max mufflers. I am hoping to get to the 1/4 mile track this summer with the drag radials on the car. It should improve by a couple of tenths and hopefully run at 100 MPH. The drag radials really help the traction.

I have a K&N cone filter, but it seems to slow the car down by .2 of a second. The stock housing draws cooler outside air and I think that makes a difference.

I am the Corporate Director of Reimbursement oF RMS Lifeline, a subsidiary of DaVita, Inc. We provide vascular access services for patients that are receiving dialysis for the treatment of end stage renal disease. I manage the centralized receivables for our 15 centers and we are growing our business at a rate of nearly 50% per year.

I've been working in healthcare operations for 16 years and started in this career as a file clerk in a 190 bed community hospital.

Worked as a deli/bakery manager for a supermarket for 27 years. At one point they asked me how much $$ it would take to buy out my union contract. I gave them a figure, they wrote a check.

For the past 6 years I have done kitchen design and cabinetry sales for a friend.

Wife is a registered nurse and has made more $$ than me most of our marraige.

Works for me...

We both love "fat-assed cars" Hers is a 98 Park Ave.

Archived