CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Why no Caddy version of the GM "Lambda" platform?

TDK

We recently bought a Chevy Traverse 2LT and our FYS (Favorite Youngest Son), drives our 99 Deville.

For you that do not know about the Lambda platform; They share the former-exclusive CTS 3.6 engine with variable valve timing, direct injection with 281/288 hp (instead of 304-ish?). There are an array of standard features and the trim levels are broad. Our 2LT is below the top-trim LTZ, but has leather seats and DVD/Bose extra. The 2LT includes 7-seats that are actually accessible and comfortable, remote start, back camera/alarms, yada-yada. The cargo and weight capcity are suprising with more cubic feet at 116.4, than a standard Tahoe.

I believe the Caddy-SRX is based on the smaller GM platform as the Chevy-Equinox, Buick-Rendvous, and whatever else. Sorry Saturn, no point to mention your fine, but soon to be extinct vehicles.

The Lambda platform has great reviews in any version and I know why firsthand.

But, why do you suppose there is no Caddy version?

1. Would it cut into sales of the Escalade?

2. Would it cut into other Lambda sales, Buick/GMC foremeost?

3. Would it kill the SRX, but why keep it if more sales are possible?

4. Would it cut into other DTS sales (where a bigger vehicle is needed).

5. Can no one at the Cadillac Motor Division agree on what three letters to name it?

So, what do you think?

Bruce, feel free to add questions and post as a Poll if you wish.

Add power to leave problems behind. Most braking is just - poor planning.

The new SRX is on a new Theta-Epsilon platform, a bit more exclusive than the non-Cadillac choices.

The lambda platform is nice, but the previous SRX was on a Sigma chassis like the previous CTS. The new CTS is on Sigma II.

There is a rumor that the next Escalade will be on the lambda chassis. Lambda based vehicles have been very well received.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Archived