CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Blog Post: Roadtrip: Cadillac CTS-V vs The World

If you're not keeping up, that's a video of GM VP Bob Lutz "getting ready" to race a beautiful CTS-V at Monticello Motor Club.And one of the best parts?  I am planning to Roadtrip and attend the event!  Actually, this is not technically a roadtrip, as Monticello is a 24 ...

View the full article

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

CTS-V Challenge Competitors announced [link]

CTS-V

Meet the V-Series Challengers – Preliminary List

By David Caldwell ⋅ October 23, 2009 ⋅

Filed Under CTS-V, Monticello Motor Club, V-Series Challenge

It all started on a phone conference Bob Lutz had with some automotive journalists. A few of those car writers took up the challenge immediately to match up with the Cadillac CTS-V in a time trial competition. Then Bob extended the challenge for any and all competitive car owners to take on the Cadillac CTS-V at the Monticello Motor Club. And the entries came early and often, with about 120 challengers stepping forward. Now we’re narrowing down to those best suited for battle. We might still add 1-2 more competitors before it’s all said and done.

The group of challengers, as it stands now, includes a few auto journalists and several private car owners, reflecting a good range of different cars and experience levels. We think it’ll make for a well-rounded group.

Let’s meet the preliminary list of challengers. First up, the automotive writers:

Name: Wes Siler – Jalopnik.com

Wes is road test editor for Jalopnik, the first and to take us up on the Challenge. Wes is a skilled and experienced driver and evaluator of cars, especially the fast ones.

Name: Jack Baruth – TheTruthAboutCars.com

Jack will be representing TheTruthAboutCars.com in the Challenge. Jack’s an experienced racer, on two wheels and four. He hails from Columbus, Ohio.

Name: Lawrence Ulrich – freelance auto writer

Lawrence contributes to The New York Times and other publications. He drives all manner of cars regularly, and has some track driving experience though he’s careful to point out that his experience has been on a non-competitive basis.

Let’s meet the initial group private car owners:

Name: Michael M.

Hometown: Whitecoff, NJ

Michael is a graduate of the Porsche driving school and a contributor to carguydad.com. He owns a BMW M5.

Name: Michael C.

Hometown: Long Island, NY

Our second Michael has trained at Skip Barber. At just 21 years old, Michael is the younger driver in the Challenge. He owns a BMW M3.

Name: Chris

Hometown: Ann Arbor, MI

Chris has recently bought a CTS-V, and wants to learn more about his car’s capabilities.

Name: Tom

Hometown: Philadelphia, PA

Tom drives an Audi RS4, has participated in the Audi driving school at Sonoma and has also done some autocross racing.

Bruce

If you're not keeping up, that's a video of GM VP Bob Lutz "getting ready" to race a beautiful CTS-V at Monticello Motor Club. And one of the best parts? I am planning to Roadtrip and attend the event! Actually, this is not technically a roadtrip, as Monticello is a 24 ...

View the full article

That is really cool.

Glad you and mike are getting to go.

That will be such a fun trip.

:D:D:D

Posted Image

Hard to take 3 days off (with travel there and back) and fairly pricey trip, but I agree it should be a blast. And I have found that if you want to be invited to stuff like this then you need to show up when you do get invited.

If I were smarter I'd take the whole week off, and make it a real TexasJim-style roadtrip in the CTS. With the cost of gas and tickets though, might come out the same :lol:

Bruce

Yeah...but it would be a lot more fun in the car.

:D:D:D

It's only 1600 miles from your place to Monticello.

If you were by your self...that would be an easy 2 day drive... a little more if the family was with you.

Posted Image

Yes this is very exciting... cant wait

I am going to bring my camera and video camera, will post here..

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

Archived