CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Blog Post: Recycling Oil: Not just a good idea, but fun

Changed the oil in the CTS this morning.  Out with the old, in with the new Mobil 1 5w30 Full Synthetic.  If you have not changed your own oil, it is easy to do, and it can eliminate any chance of carelessness with your prize vehicle.  New oil, new oil ...

View the full article

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Bruce,

I have a feeling that the locks were not there to prevent theft of the recycled oil.

Our facility recycles oil as well and the problem is if someone inadvertantly (or on purpose...), pours something in - that is not used oil.

Then, depending on the material (and it does not take much of a relatively harmless fluid by itself) the entire recycled oil container can become hazardous waste instead, (now to be disposed [typically incinerated] at a huge cost)!

Regards,

Add power to leave problems behind. Most braking is just - poor planning.

That makes sense. Once the fence is unlocked and the repository is unlocked, it is not really supervised. So locking or unlocking does not keep someone from pouring in the wrong liquid, but perhaps at least gives pause. Not sure what they could really do to prevent that, other than only allow you to turn in oil to an attendant for adding to the bin or similar.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Archived